My weird experience with 2.0.0

I want to write my experience with Prime 4’s Engine 2.0.0. I use a 256 gb Sandisk extreme pro SD CARD, with 1.6.2 I never had problems, if not once, while I was listening to the previews the touchscreen became unresponsive and then recovered after half an hour on its own. I have long evenings, often weddings, I use the console for work, with sessions of up to 8 hours. I had several problems with the update. I did the update to 2.0.0 with usb, it was successful, when it found the SD with the 1.6.2 collection it asked me to update the database and I did it, it didn’t show any error messages. Using it these days has given me several problems: a crash while listening to the previews, if I turn off the console it stays with the shutdown message without turning off completely, if I play wave the bpm are measured incorrectly. Also in the Engine software update it has lost several traces that are now red and unusable. In short, quite a disaster, and my concern is reliability during the gig. Denon cannot use customers who have paid a lot of money as beta testers, but sell stable and already tested software and systems, not on our skin.

2 Likes

Hi Carlo, as has already been written on the forum by @KDonaldson, the released firmware have been first tested internally in their company and then tested by beta testers and the whole test can last several months in which bugs will be found, solved, then other bugs found and then solved. It can often happen that although no bugs are found, maybe it happens that the combination with some files of other users can instead turn on a bug. Sometimes it depends on the tags present in the MP3 file, sometimes on how the MP3 was encoded, so it is not easy for them to try everything and guarantee that there will be no problems for anyone.

7 Likes