My thoughts on the SC5000M's 2 months in! Short Review and Requests

Thinking about it, the pitch resolution hasn’t bothered me that much, but it’s true it does drift a little quickly.

I think with the next update if Denon can do the following, many people would be very happy!

1. Comments/tagging/metadata.
  2. Improve the high end (hasn’t really bothered me, but it certainly has been a contentious issue)
  3. Improve Pitch Resolution (even 0.02%)

Bonus features that would be sweet:

• Create and manage playlists from the Deck
  • Manually adjust beat grids on the deck!

Take care of all of the above and Denon will have knocked it out the park!!!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes that’s because US government is in lockdown. So FCC is also.

It is no Intel or AMD. Less powerful than normal computers.

But we don’t know what’s inside! :yum:

And of course it’s less powerful than what’s in a computer because it doesn’t need to be.

Intel and AMD have LOTS of variants of their chips.

Ok, getting this thread back on track! haha

Also I DO wish for the ability to change font size on our displays! I would love to be able to see more listings at once. Would be super helpful! And I echo the wishes for more search options!

I’m pretty sure we have a new firmware this month ! and the high end roll will be solved in this next firmware

I’m really impatient for this one, maybe a bit too much but Denon need to take all this problems seriously for 2019 and not in a distant future :grinning:

Yes we do since 2016 and also used in the MPC Live:

It’s probably a quadcore ARM chip with enough power, but still slower than using Engine on a computer. Rockchip RK3288 - Wikipedia

Now back on-topic again and just wait for the rest of januari. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Reese! Sweet! What’s your source for this info btw? Just wondering! : )

Can’t you point me to a site? Thx!

All info is available on the FCC site, but due to US government lockdown it’s temporarily not… Normally it’s just publicly available. Some years back this was posted by a user on this forum and on several others.

Ok, sounds good! Thx!

i just want to wake this thread up from its slumber and say that it’d be really great to be able to rate tracks on the 5000m during the gig. …and comments, too, would be quite handy.

that is all.

please, denon.

1 Like

The idea wasn’t slumbering , too much

The 5000 M is essentially a 5000 except for the obvious addition of a motor, the removal of the platter center color display oh and the less we mention that “fell off the side of a bus” Letraset “M” on the top surface, the better. :slight_smile:

The idea has already been suggested and put to the suggestion team for the 5000. Denon also said that almost everything they add to the 5000 will be added to the 5000m

So you could be lucky

We have indeed heard this feature request and we have sent it to our Dev Team. Thank you for your suggestion @PlumWrinkles

2 Likes

i’m on the gig right now (and probably shouldn’t be on the internet! lol) … and I just realized another thing that would be really cool.

say I’m on layer A and the track is just about done. Layer B is ready to go, BUT i’m trying to scratch the end bits of the track from Layer A…

It would be super super duper cool if there was a way, either via external controller or a shift-button combo, to start the track on Layer B while I’ve got the tail of A under my scratch hand.

…just dreamin’ out loud…

We already suggested to Denon to have the old SC2000 be able to serve as layer control unit when plugged into the SC5000 (because of CDJ2000nxs+DDJ-SP1 combo that their competition has). But that was when most of us had hope about fast updates and expanded product range etc…

1 Like

I suggested to make a ‘Shift+Play’ option.

1. Layer A playing
  2. Cue and BPM is set on Layer B
  3. From Layer A, being able to press Shift +Play which starts Layer B (and still being able to control Layer A)

Actually I suggested this for the SC5000s but would also work for the M’s

1 Like

@Engell Yeah! that’d be siiiiiick!!

Any combination, though, really. I just want to fully utilize the dual layers. And if I can “launch” the track on the other layer while interacting with the initial layer, I’d be having a grand ol’ time

1 Like

Exactly. Being able to see the moving waveforms when launching the other Layer would be a huge improvement.

1 Like

Agreed! it happened tonight where the ending of whatever-track-it-was lent itself to scratching it. So I was looking at that waveform whilst doing so, knowing that I had Layer B ready to go, but couldn’t “launch” that Layer B track, so I made do with some weird delay tails on A and quick switched to B to play it.

if we could launch the other layer while mucking about with a layer, that’d be super handy dandy.

p.s. it’s funny to be on here and getting awards like ‘first mention,’ first quote,’ and whatnot. I feel like a kid again. =)

1 Like

Shift + play works as CUP or cue play at the moment. Like hotcue button press when track is playing. But then from the set cue point.

Yeah, but when we already have that function on other dedicated buttons, it would (imho) be better to use it to a new function :slight_smile:

1 Like