Multi drives search

I would be great if we could search on all connected devices maybe even on player not linked .

Just small suggestion

1 Like

Yeah that is a good feature. And even better with a Stream Service search at the same time.

And fix that you can see the bpm, key and time in the Folder section to in Prime 4 :heart:

Could you explain this part some more? I would understand you wanting to search all drives plugged into any linked players, but I’m not sure what or how you want to search on a not linked player

Things may get messy.

serato had this option.

Especially with cover versions that always find its way into streaming services.

I would like it like this: Search on other/all media command (USB2, USB1 deck1) when there are no search results on the search in current library. Basically a source selection after no results (or at the end of (wrong) results to perform the same search on another source.

This way you can search your active library and perform a deeper search action when needed when there are no results available on your active library. It would also be quicker to get the initial search results.

https://denondjforum.com/t/search-within-a-single-crate/12538/4?u=mufasa

An advanced form of that I reckon

I wonder if this is possible.

It would be similar to searching in Windows in the explorer directory without a drive selected and it says “Search Computer”. Engine OS, after all. That would be useful. Right now, clearly, it only wants to see one drive at a time and can’t even remember searches if you go into a folder directly and back on the same drive, let alone if you go into a different drive still connected… This capability would also likely mean it’d be faster changing back and forth between drives if some of them don’t need to be ejected.

I think this being regardless of Link or direct connection and improving all this stuff would be next-level and finally rival what people are doing on a laptop.