Move database

Hello, I currently have my database on an external SSD hard drive. Now I want to move the database to another external hard disk. How do I proceed here?

greetings from Germany

Stefan

Just copy the files from one to the other. I can’t think of any reason why that would not work.

Only reason i can see it not working is if the drive had a Drive letter assigned to it within Windows [presuming it is Windows] the new drive will assume the next logical drive letter in the chain.

I think it’s unlikely that the Engine Prime system cares about drive letters.

So it is a Mac Pro 2019 with the current OSX. Until now the media library was stored on an external USB hard disk. Now I built in an internal SSD. Which is also recognized as an external hard disk in the Mac Pro. Actually nothing should change. I moved all data from hard disk A to hard disk B. If I remove hard disk A, the data is simply gone. And the Engine Prime does not recognize the data on drive B (new).

I found the error. Apparently, the library must always be in the root directory of the hard drive…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.