Monitoring mic input via headphones

Can you hear the mic input through the headphones when using the Prime 2?

1 Like

I doubt it, because you certainly can’t on the Prime 4.

There is a feature request for this, if you’d like to add your vote to it.

Dunno why it was ever designed that way myself.

Denon DJ say many of their staff are DJs, and yet someone decided to exclude the mic signal from the headphone ‘master’ signal - and nobody flagged it? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is a much needed request. I highly support it. It just makes sense. If you can Record the MIC, then you should be able to Hear the MIC through the headphones. Period. Which brings me to… 1st, Thank You Denon for adding the ability to record the MIC across the entire Prime line. But we need you to step up once more and add the ability to hear the MIC through the headphones on the Prime GO, 2 & 4. This is a very useful function to have for any serious Dj;

(1) Djaying / Broadcasting.

(2) When someone takes the MIC into another room or the room your in is very noisy and you need to hear what is being said on the MIC more clearly.

(3) Also very useful for making personal Music / MIC mixes with just the headphones on and no external speakers connected.

(4) You simply want to monitor everything that your Recording through the headphones.

(5) You want full CUE control of every source that goes through your Master Outputs.

(6) Most of all… 67+ Supporting Likes cannot be wrong. Proffessional Dj’s really want this feature added. Thank you

*Ugh… I just noticed this same post in the feature request forum is from July 2019… It looks like this valid feature request is going nowhere guys.

1 Like

I meant to write 207+ Supporting Likes (In another Listen to MIC through headphones request posting) cannot be wrong.

2 Likes

Hi Just wanted to check if anything has been done with this request as I am about to start gig on internet Radio , I have Prime DJ Go so I thought this would be ideal

I have taken a look but can’t see any update or work around

Thanks

What time do you start?

It’s Not today , few weeks time just getting in some practace , but hope to have a solution before I start

The only solution is to plug your prime 4 outputs into a separate mixer, plug your mic into a separate mixer, and then plug your headphones into that separate mixer. Then you’ll be able to hear mic and music in headphones

Thanks [Nitebeatz]

I was hoping Denon would have come out with a solution by now but if that’s the only way it will have to be any recommendation of Mixer which I would use just for this gig ?

There’s a solution in the other thread where you’ve posted. You even quoted the name of the device.

Any little Alto, Behringer, Yamaha “pocket” mixer would do.

Like an Alto Q802USB. For £55

Premium 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamps & Compressors, British EQs and USB/Audio Interface

Lines 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 are stereo in , for your music

Pick line 1 or 2 for mic in

There’s even a usb audio interface on this mini mixer so that everything (mic and music) that you do can be sent to a computer USB port, all at “too low to worry about” prices, plus gives you a very versatile box of tricks for when you’re doing a gig and the band want to share your speakers or the brides sister wants to plug in her weird e-harpsichord

1 Like