Mixmeister BPM Analyser

@andyfoz checkout the 1.3.2 release; I can confirm the analysis has improved greatly (and I’m not an admin ;)). I hope this will make your life better!

i will try later tonight, in what way have you noticed that the bpm analysis is better? i have my doubts but obviously very hopefull.

also did summer end yet wheres the streaming???

1 Like

Well, I had some tracks with high BPM’s (~175) that were analysed wrongly, for example, some tracks would get halve the actual BPM, which was quite annoying. Those tracks now have the correct BPM’s.

And true, summer seems to be lasting quite long this year!

1 Like

@onehp Happy that your BPM issue is solved

Hopefully they find a solution to BPM issues for the rest

1.3.2 brought no change in BPM algorithm at my end

REPRO

1. Make copies of test tracks and control tracks
  • 50 cent - In Da Club
  • Ying Yang Twins - Salt Shaker
  1. Use Kid3 to strip the tracks of all ID tags

2. Drag those test tracks to EP

1. Analyse with EP

2. Result - Wrong BPM

1 Like

some where in this post above you’ll see that i included a link to mix meister analysing a tune by aj tracey - Ladbroke Grove which was the number 1 single in the uk in recent weeks no live drummer, you’ll also see how engine gets it wrong.

not happy to report the 1.3.2 engine prime update still thinks the tune is 89 bpm but traktor and mixmister dont have a problem, its a real shame that it costs £3400 to find this out. Almost time to get off the denon train for me.

Engine Prime is free to download. So if bpm was really as much of a dealbreaker as you say it is, you could have tested free before purchase. If £3400 is high for you maybe you have bought too high for the type of gigs and what you charge.

There are sure to be song that Prime calculates correctly where other softwares get it wrong. And denon have already said that additional improvements to bpm detect are on the way, even though not everyone uses a detected bpm anyway

1 Like

6 months between every update, i aint got time for that mate.

are you taking a guess on what i can afford? lol keep guessing son.

Because it’s free to download does not mean it’s free cuz. I’m sure the cost is bundled into the cost of the players.

Whilst it’s alright to carry out due diligence prior to purchasing, no matter what, some things will not be obvious until one is using it regularly or long term use.

Even drug trials have post marketing phase (phase IV) where they keep an eye on things they may have missed during Preclinical studies, Phase 0, I, II & III

On completion of Phase III they can launch and start selling.

The new drug can be pulled if undesirable effects are reported in Phase IV.

Curiously, what genre/music style do you play as it appears you have no issues whatsoever with EP/SC5000. Lucky you

Yes, these players are quite addictive, don’t they?!

I get the whole bpm discussion. Life would be easier if bpm analysis is flawless. The algorithm should be better and the editing on the player is a must have (for me).

That doesn’t stop my addiction, btw. The other manufacturers medicine has to much plastic components in them.

:mask: :mask: :mask:

1 Like

i cant deny the players are the best ive ever played on. i just cant understand how or why EP is so basic with inmusic behind it. i look at the players and the software as one just as i do all my other setups past and previous.

3 Likes

I used the original and remix, basically the same style of beat, same adlib intro, the remix has general levy on it.

Made 4 copies and got 2 right and 2 wrong

1 Like

134 is correct, how does the bpm tag work? i ran it through traktor then draged into EP but no change

There is a setting in Traktor for ID tags. How do you have it set?

You may need to remove the track from EP collection and re-add

Well, I stand corrected. The 1.3.2 release brought me nothing but frustration. I had to revert back to 1.3.1 because cue points would randomly not be saved, BPM’s would jump, and the beat grids would be off.

Hopefully they will address these issues soon.

@Nekoro_DenonDJ would it still be possible to join the EP beta program? I’m a developer myself, I’d love to help, and I can reproduce some weird issues in EP 1.3.2.