Mixmeister BPM Analyser

drag your wrongly analysed tracks directly out of the EP window into the mixmester window, it will quickly scan and give you the correct BPM.

This program used to be free but its now $3.99

https://www.mixmeister.com/bpm.php

Its a shame Denons own software cant do what this simple little program can but hey thats were we are today, so if you dont own another piece of expensive dj software to check your bpm’s this could be of some use to you and its very very quick.

Not the best demo but you get the idea, you can drop from program to program window directly not shown in clip.

when youve got the correct bpm from mixmeister you have to enter it manually in EP.

How do you know which tracks are wrong, out of like a collection of 40000 ?

so you import say 10 tracks to EP, you identify that 3 are wrong.

drag those 3 directly from the EP window into the Mix meister window and it will provide you with the correct bpm.

this is not a tool for bulk analysis.

I guess mid set :stuck_out_tongue:

Free alternatives - Rekordbox (Library Management version), Serato DJ (Offline Player)

1 Like

Serato offline wins for me when analysing files.

Also, interestingly Mixmeister is an InMusic brand too.

Does Mixed in Key not provide you with BPM values?

1 Like

Unless Rekordbox has improved then i wouldnt use it again for anything.

Yup.

Rekordbox even started pulling bpm and beatgrid from a crowd sourced cloud database to “speed up analysis”.

1 Like

bpm cloud analysis is subscription based pioneer product, that tells you just how bad rekordbox bpm analysis actually is.

in my 2 years with it i just couldnt bare beat gridding tunes upon every import it was taking for ever and was still never 100%.

1 Like

it’s good to hear this works. i used to use mixmeister analyzer for everything i brought into my library and its detection is just about flawless.

it is a batch process so if you have a ton of files, just drop them in there and let it do its thing, overnight if need be. if i recall though, if there’s already a bpm in the tag it will skip the file unless you tell it to reanalyze.

i was not aware that inmusic owns mixmeister. denon ought to grab that algorithm and put it into engine. @Nekoro_DenonDJ

@Jay_DenonDJ How ironic would it be that my £3300 investment struggled to analyse music properly, yet a $2.99 app does it perfectly.

Ironic in that the two programs are owned by the same company Inmusic.

im glad you’ve taken on a whole 10million dollar programming team so i wont charge you any further for my discovery.

isnt the answere to the bpm analysing woes sitting on a desk or office not to far away from you???

please intergrate Engine Prime with Mixmeister, Two Examples below:

denon to mixmeister.mp4 (2.8 MB)

Capture.mp4 (7.2 MB)

2 Likes

Who’s got first dibs on creating this cool Engine PRIME Feature Request?

2 Likes

https://community.enginedj.com/t/the-answere-to-denons-bpm-analysis-problem/16413

I assumed you would have actually followed the suggested protocol and made a legit Feature Request, @andyfoz.

Are you going into duplicating this post a dozen times, or stopping at three or four ?

5 or 6 i think

Empty vessels make the most noise.

There was no need for all the sarcasm and rhetoric and multiple duplicate posts of no reading worth when just one post, correctly filled in the request section would have out the only valid words in the same place as everyone else’s.

pretty sure i have have been told by an admin @Nekoro_DenonDJ to rewrite the post again, i certainly dont need telling again by you DJ_Didi

if you want to be an admin you should apply to be one, until then stop acting like one. cheers.

4 Likes

There.

Improved bpm detection in Engine Prime released today - big smiles

Have you tried it?

I don’t think anything has changed with the native bpm algorithm in 1.3.2

Try using reanalyse option and you will see :goggles:

1 Like