Migrating Soundswitch database to another laptop - missing scripted tracks

Hi there! I want to migrate my soundswitch database to another laptop. I’ve copied the whole database including scripted tracks and loaded it to the new location under the same path. All venues are there, but the tracks are missing the lighting information, as if they were not scripted yet. How can I sync the information to the database?

Try in SW Desktop - option menu-- Rebuild Trackmap

Hope it will fix it

good tip, unfortunately not… Does the song library has to be the same on every device?

1. You have to use the exact same project file

2. The file path must be identical - otherwise the project file will not find the appropriate script for track

Thanks! I checked it again. The file path is identical (except of user name). I thought this would be the problem at first, but if so, how could it read the different Venues either?

@Matthew.W solution for this process?

Its super simple.

Locate your SoundSwitch Project.

Copy the entire folder

Paste it onto the new computer

In SoundSwitch select the File Menu, then select “Open Project”

Select your project.

You will also need to copy over all of the audio files.

1 Like

This is exactly the workflow I’ve been doing. Venues work perfectly, but scripted tracks are still unscripted. Do the music librarys have to match on both devices?

This is going to be really exciting here.

I think if the path to the audio tracks is not 100% identical it will not work.

It is probably enough if the user name of the computer is different.

I hope, however, that I am wrong - maybe the support will show a solution

Thats not the case, the file path is irrelevant, there is a GUID inserted into the track meta data that links the SoundSwitch file to the Audio Track.

If your scripted lightshows are not playing back (which they are 100% of time every time in our testing)

its because one of the following reasons:

1. Scripted Tracks haven’t been exported
  2. The “Override Scripted Tracks” option is selected
  3. The Audio Files do not have the GUI in the track.

The 3rd option will only happen if you have scripted tracks that are located on your desktop and then not re exported those tracks to the Embedded System.

For example:

Exported Audio Files to a Drive

Remove Drive from computer

Then Script Tracks - GUID Added.

Exported only the SoundSwitch Data

This would mean that the files do not have the GUID in the tag.

Thanks @Matthew.W , that’s it. I think point 3 occurred with me. Thank you again for the great support!

Thanks for that important information

In this context, I would be interested in the synchronization of Engine Desktop.

Let’s assume that track A on the internal HDD of my Mac has received an autoscript and is then synchronized with my SD card for the first time. The appropriate project file is also synchronized.

Everything is working fine.

Later I change the same track A again on the Mac because I want to have a different autoscript, for example, and synchronize again. Will the new GUID information also be synchronized? The track is already on the SD card?

If not, I would have to delete the track on the SD card every time after an autoscript change and synchronize everything again.

Or quite simply:

Does Engine desktop automatically synchronize all changes to the tracks with the correct GUID information if they have been changed in the SW after the initial synchronization?

1 Like

From what I have experienced in these weeks of using Soundswitch, you always have to switch between Engine DJ. So if with SS you modify the script associated with a track using the local copy (collection) you have on the Desktop PC, then you must use Engine DJ with Sync manager to update your remote unit. If in EDJ you have set to sync SS as well, then it will do all the work.

To be on the safe side, I will always open the project file on the removable medium and only make changes to the scripts tracks on the removable medium.

I already had the case that I re-scripted tracks on the desktop, then synchronized them - but the tracks on the removable medium then no longer had a script.

This method is what I was doing until a few days ago: then I realized that putting the USB stick in the Prime 4 happened to me that the lights followed autoloop instead of the script with tracks that I had previously “scripted”, so I believe that the tracks in playback were not associated with the script.

So I decided to copy the SS project from the USB stick to the notebook HD. Now with SS I open the local project (on the HD), I insert the USB key that contains the Engine library and the MP3 files, with SS I see the remote collection, I execute scripts of those tracks. The result will be stored in the local SS project directory. Then I open Engine DJ and use Sync Manager to copy (update) the USB stick: it also carries the SS track scripts. From that day on, no problems.

It goes that way, of course - as is well known, many roads lead to Rome …

The synchronization via EngineDJ only sometimes takes too long for me - the route directly via the USB stick is faster

Yes true. If it worked. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey!

Once the GUID is stored in the file it will remain unchanged, which means you can update the lighting file without having to resync the Audio file.

The easiest way to do this is to always work from the project stored on the drive in your player. This could be a USB pen drive or an installed SSD.

Syncing of the different files was always going to make things a bit confusing, sorry about that. We will keep working in this to make it better.

1 Like