Midi clock output?

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Midi Clock output on one of the USB ports -

• How will this feature help you and others? For those coming from a sequencer /sampler background, this would enable synchronising of other outboard equipment which could then be used to enhance a set. the possibilities would be enormous!

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? not sure if this exists on any hardware dj setup tbh. Anyone coming from a live computer / synth environment would be familiar with this kind of thing.

• Does a workaround currently exist? there are some ways eg: with serato: https://djtechtools.com/2018/06/27/serato-dj-pro-four-ways-for-syncing-with-external-gear/ but as far as I understand nothing straight out of the box? i could be wrong

• How often would you use this feature? all the time - it would allow loads of possibilities

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? I will do more research about this

6 Likes

Hello @jamm, and thank you for contributing to our Feature Request section! We’d like to ask you to edit/resubmit this request by answering the questions set in place when creating a new feature request topic. These questions are asked so that our Development Team has a full understanding of the request if/when considered for integration and so that other forum members can have that same level of understanding; allowing them to vote upon your request for approval. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

hi - @Nekoro_DenonDJ I have edited. sorry I didn’t realise this was a format we had to stick to. pretty new here and not spent nearly enough time looking at other feature requests. will spend more time on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, thank you for editing!

just found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf2ZPRSbX1M so there is a dedicated midi port on some denon gear…

Yes the X1800 has midi out via DIN and USB.

To my knowledge midi out on the Prime4 is not available and don’t know if it’s even planned.

with all those usb ports available, and the fact that the tech already exists on the x1800, surely it wouldn’t be too much of a thing? :smile: considering a redsound soundbite micro to do the job… obviously it wouldn’t be as reliable.

Ever get an answer on this? I can’t find any info on it anywhere…and I don’t want to have to use Ableton link. Not that there’s a lot of info on that either beyond minimal dmx lighting control. I just need to know if I have to buy an external piece to go between Prime 4 and my midi instruments…which would be sad.

bummer innit ! no answer as of yet but reading this thread it looks like it may not be possible at all

UPDATE: I called Denon Tech Support U.S.and they say they are taking our request very seriously. They emailed me back a case # and say the developers will be working to get Midi Clock Out function in the next firmware update.

1 Like

COOL ! drum machines samplers sequencers in the mix

Midi ? Nice for some to play with

Bpm calculation on the engine Prime and on Prime hardwares ? Far over urgent ! Much more urgent

Priorities ! Please please!

to be fair you have a point. if bpm calculations are bad then so is the midi timekeeping