Microfon not Work

Hello … I have a Tonor BM-700 microphone. this is connected via XLR but it does not happen. a small LED in the green color briefly lights up. but it works, I tested it somewhere else

Tonor BM‑700

This condenser microphone needs external power. Prime2 and Prime4 don’t offer phantom power.

1 Like

have the Prime 2 what exactly do i need there?

You need a unit like this between the mic and your Prime 2.

I cant guarantee that it will work, but I think it will be the solution.

BUT remember to read up on the instructions!!! If you by some reason ends up sending the Phantom power in to your Prime 2, you could end up destroying you Prime 2.

So make sure its all connected the right way!

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t see it’s in the Prime2 section. Edited my post.

is there a possibility or a direct microphone what works without this feeding?

A normal microphone will work without a unit like this.

Just dont use condenser-microphones,because they will need the Phantom-power. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how illogical. That costs 70 € and does not work and such a 10 € thing should go?

There´s more to it than that… A condenser microphone are usually ment for studio enviroments - not for gig-use.

But yeah, you could hook up a microphone like this without any issues. (just remember the XLR cable in between)

And remember that a 10 euro microphone might not give you the best sound.

My preferred:

1 Like

Thx … another thing might not fit here but … can I turn on the DJ software on the laptop and control it with the Prime 2?

€70 is fairly cheap.

Dynamic microphones can be just as expensive as condenser. Neumann or Shure have lot of options in both categories. The widely used Shure SM58 is even more expensive than the mentioned Tonor.

Prime2 and Prime4 support dynamic microphones. If you’d want to use a condenser microphone, then you’ll need external power.

Like @Engell says, they’re mostly used in different environments.

1 Like

If you are talking about Engine Prime - No… its only a Library Management software. (for now)

I know that VDJ is on their way with a integration to the Prime series… when this happens, I dont know - but should be close.

but would love to keep the MIC. I connect it to a laptop with an XLR and jack … there … and then unfortunately not the Prime 2 … you can call me a feed at Musikstore or Thoman or amazon that works 100%

If you want to keep using the microphone, you will need that Phantom power unit in between.

Dynamic vs condenser mics. You absolutely do not need a condenser for DJ use. Dynamics are far, far better for this purpose as they are more durable and less likely to mind being dropped, kicked, banged around and generally abused.

This is usually the number 1 reason why >90% of performers on live stages use dynamics. It is not illogical at all.

I also do web radio with moderation options

You can read more about the difference here

But there’s nothing to do about it… You will either need a new microphone or a Phantom power unit.

You said yes I should pay attention to the ower or I will shoot Prime 2

I could be wrong, but have you tried hooking this microphone to your computer? Tonor has a phantom power in this case.