Mcx8000 screen freezes

ok posting this here as i don’t seem to be getting much support from denon, as we know the mcx8000 has some firmware problems and on asking denon when a firmware release to resolve these is going to be available, they can’t reply. it could be as i have seen with previous product, as soon as something new gets released, they stop working on the older products.

anyway i either have a hardware or firmware issue with my mcx, it is now getting embarrassing, i have dropped the screen brightness to 90% as suggested in other posts but it still does not cure the random screen freezes whilst using either vdj, serrato or engine via usb stick, it’s usually left screen but has been know on right screen too.

last gig i did mobile 2 weeks ago, i fired up the mcx and the screens froze on the mcx8000 start up display, so ended up having to work all night without the displays.

last night i set up for a wedding i’m doing tonight, fired up the mcx froze on start up screens again, unplugged everything except the mains and rebooted it and same again. 3rd & 4th times, i unplugged the mains in-between boots same issue, 5th boot up the right display actually worked, left side was frozen, finally 6th time of booting up both displays worked. there is either a serious issue with the firmware in this unit or the hardware is not upto spec and not fit for purpose (using for mobile disco work) it took me 6 startup attempts and 30mins to get it to work correctly last night these issues need to be addressed by denon. the mixer section was working fine all through this just the screens were a problem.

both screens freeze on the mcx8000 logo on startup, took me 6 attempts to get it to work without anything plugged into the unit. i’m running v1.5 firmware, will try a reset over the weekend but denon need to address these firmware/hardware issues.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The ultimate 8000 help topic