MCX8000 Recording the Set when in engine prime mode

Apologies I’ve only seen half answers to this.

When I link my technics 1210s into the Denon MCX8000 I can record the vinyl all okay in audacity but when I’m in engine mode on the controller audacity just does not see the output. Is this because its not obviously on any lineout?

How do I play in engine mode on my MCX8000 and record my set. I refuse to believe that this is not possible or straight forward.

1 Like

Audacity cannot access the usb 9/10 channel that carries the master signal back into the computer. Use Rekordbox in export mode, it can record and can access that usb channel (Traktor can also but RB is free).

Hi @EmAitch, thank you for your question.

Any multi-track recording software that can use more than a stereo pair of inputs will work, including Ableton Live, Cubase, etc… It’s the 9/10 inputs which need to be accessed.

Thanks J

When you are practicing at home and want to record your mixes it is easier to record using the computer. However, if you want to record your live performance during an event, I can recommend using a multitrack recorder like Tascam DP-32 SD Digital Portastudio on which you can record up to 8 sources. You can send your MCX8000 master output to a stereo track on Tascam DP-32 SD and additionally you can use a microphone (mono or stereo) to record the room atmosphere. After the show, you can either export the content to a computer to mix the environment and the music program together or you can mixdown and master the content directly on the Tascam DP-32 SD, without the need to use a PC.

1 Like

I’ve finally installed Rekordbox on my laptop but when I try and select Denondj mcx8000 asio I get an error while opening.

I have to tell you guys that I’m really not a tech expert having come from vinyl so I appreciate any help.

My questions are this

1. DO I have to install ASIO if so where form?
  2. Rekordbox does not seem to have settings but does have preferences
  3. How to I select export mode.

Many thanks

Hi,

Just trying to understand what you want to achieve :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to use the Mcx8000 to control Rekordbox, thats not gonna happen. You can use 3rd company software, like Audacity to record your input on the computer, not Rekordbox.

The only programs I know that you can control with the Mcx8000, is Serato, Traktor and Virtual Dj. (maybe DeeJay Pro also works)

Need to understand better what you want to achieve, as I said. :slightly_smiling_face:

He is trying to use Recordbox to record his set and it’s a good choice since it’s free.

Yes, you need to install mcx8000 asio driver first

This is wrong. You can use Rekordbox in export mode to record your sets from external gear.

Why wouldn’t Audacity record from usb 9/10? Is it different from an X1800? Don’t know, just asking.

@EmAitch: do you use Windows10, perhaps?

Then see this also: X1800 and Audacity connection setup. I need help

Ah okay. Havent used RB in many years :joy: