MCX8000 Crossfader Doesn’t Work (even after installing a new Innofader mini)

Hello all,

I purchased my MXC8000 used and in great condition. I play on it all the time and generally like it, except I’ve never been able to get the crossfader to function. I assumed this was a bad crossfader, as I’ve read this unit can have crossfader issues.

I replaced the stock crossfader with an Innofader Mini, and still nothing in either standalone or PC mode.

But! The crossfader is registering. In Serato, I have tried disabling the crossfader and re-enabling it. When disabled, if I move the crossfader, I get a warning flag at the bottom of Serato which says something like, “warning: crossfader disabled.”

So the crossfader is communicating to Serato, but not affecting my sound output at all. This is in all modes. I’ve tried linear and power settings. I’ve tried all positions of the crossfader curve knob.

I am running the latest version of Serato (2.1.2) and I am running the latest firmware for my MCX8000. I put the latest .bin file on a thumb drive and went to update my device just in case, and my device says “up to date.”

I’ve had some issues with this unit since purchasing it, but all have turned out to be connectivity issues. At first, I couldn’t get the device to interface with Serato. Turns out it was a firmware that needed upgrading. So I’m reasonably confident this will turn up to be a connectivity/compatibility issue as well, especially since Serato recognizes the movement of the crossfader. I don’t think the unit itself is defective.

Thank you to all in advance, Kalie

Might be a bad crosfader curve knob. If that goes bad I can see how it would display the issues you are having in both controller and standalone mode, even after putting in a innofader.

In the Mixer settings of Serato, when I adjust the crossfader knob, I can see the setting changing. So Serato is also recognizing the input of the crossfader curve knob.

Did you ever resolve this? I’m having the exact issue. Bought it used. Crossfader never worked. Replaced it with an Innofader. Still nothing. It is an awesome deck otherwise. Kind of weak to not have a crossfader.

Have you assigned any channels to either side of the crossfader? Each fader can be assigned to the “A” side of the crossfader, or the “B” side.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I have not and…I am not gonna pretend to know how that’s done.

1 Like

Ahhhh… FFS. I figured it out. Wow…

1 Like

What did you do? I am having the same problem

For the crossfader to crossfade you have to tell each of the four channels whether they are to be audible when the crossfader is to the left, or to the right. You do that by sliding each channels crossfade assign switch to A or B

Or… if you want a particular music channel to be available wherever the crossfader is slid to, you just set that music Channel to “Thru”

1 Like