MC3000 Main channel on left headphone only

Hi All, Having a bit of a problem with one of my MC3000s; The master channel only plays over the left headphone (Cue works in stereo, as do the rear outputs). Other one works fine swapped in to the same setup (but needs a new slider).

Running windows 10 with the newest asio4all 64 bit driver and outputs set up according to the kb article https://www.denondj.com/kb/1858/ (multichannel in/out set to active in asio4all settings, monitor outputs set to multichannel 3 and 4, master to 1 and 2, mono un-checked on both). Tried swapping multichannel 3 and 4 around and no change, leading me to believe the problem is in the unit.

Hoping someone’s seen a similar issue and/or has a clue as to what may cause it. Headphone pot? Bad solder joint between master and headphone out? Any circuit diagrams or troubleshooting and repair documentation available anywhere?

Thanks! Maci

Service manual should be floating around, I have seen for other units from that time period (pre-inMusic). Check first if it just a case of incompatible headphone jack + socket. Unfortunately, I have seen those plenty of times, usually with smaller 3,5mm jacks but also with 1/4" adaptors that were every so slightly too short/long, making one channel short out. Test with other headphones to make sure.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Was getting worried this forum’s dead. That’s a good tip to check jack compatibility, doubt it’s the issue though since they work fine for Cue. It’s weird because you’d think it uses the same channel 3&4 to drive the headphones for both cue and master, and channel 1&2 Master rear outputs are fine. Guess I will try switching ‘monitor’ outputs to 1/2 also and see if that makes a difference…trying to map the routing.

I did see a Denon service manual on CD at instrumentalparts.com but not sure if it’s for the MC3000 or multiple models, hoping someone has an ISO/could share the MC3000 files.