MC3000 firmware update

I’ve just bought a MC3000 from ebay and the seller says that I have to update the firmware in the unit on a Windows 7/8 or mac machine before it can work on windows 10. I’ve plugged it in on mac catalina and it is not recognised…how do I update the firmware?

The first thing to do would be to check what firmware is already in the mc3000.

You definately don’t want to push the same firmware version over the top of what’s already in there. I don’t think any new firmware came out for the mc3000 for almost 6 years.

Getting it to work with windows 10 or recent Mac OS is probably quite optimistic for such an old controller.

The place to look for firmware and drivers for it is in the legacy section of the Denon DJ page here

https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy

how do i check the firmware if neither windows 10 or mac 10.15 cant see the unit?

Some of the old displayless controllers can be made to show a pattern using the illuminated lights on the model

So if cue button 1, and Play light up you might be on version 1. 6. For examine

I don’t know if the mc3000 did that or no.

Try downloading the firmware update on the legacy page - there will be instructions on how to put the controller into update mode . It might help

yea found out how to put it in update mode but the updater program DDJ Updater says device not connected…going to try it on mac and then an older version of windows…fingers crossed