MC 7000 Platter Freezing

Hello my MC7000 is really ■■■■■■■ me off!! I play music anywhere from 5 mins up to 40 mins where everything is fine and then all of a sudden my right platter locks up. the left platter works fine this is soooo annoying!

I’m running the latest firmware for the MC7000. I reverted back to serato 2.0 from 2.1 to see if it was a serato issue but it’s not, the controller still freezes… what’s the fix???

I really don’t want to get rid of the controller but i’m getting really frustrated. i’ll lose money if i trade it in for the SX3 since they’re not offering much on trade. this ■■■■■, my controller is mint and i’d prefer to keep it but i can’t go on like this.

1 Like

Hello I do apologise for these issues you are having. It must be frustrating. Have you contacted technical support yet in regards to this issue?

No i haven’t prior tries to contact cs went unanswered. i came to the forum as a microwave remedy hoping someone has went through the same and resolved the issue already.

Does anyone know what this problem can be??

Hi @Bonafyd,

It’s very possible that this is a problem with the hardware, in which case you should get in contact with our support team.

I understand that you weren’t receiving our responses last time. Looks like a misspelled email address. I will have someone get in touch with you today, so please look out for that communication.

Contacted CS and as usual no response… why would they when they can’t fix issue.

Sorry to hear that. Tech Support has been open all morning and actively answering calls and emails. I’m concerned you may not be using the right contact form or phone number.

In any case, one of our agents just called and emailed you. Please respond to them so we can correct this for you.

Bro i missed a call from Rich Mugle, call back, left voicemail…

I had platter issues in Serato 2.1. The serato forums of full of these issues. I uninstalled Serato and went back to 2.0.5 which works perfectly with Mc7000 v2.1

same here…my left platter freeze random but I use Traktor 3.0.4

1. Check if midi light on traktor gui lights up when you move the locked platter.
  2. Record midi messages that come from controller with midi-ox or similar software

Then you will know if you have software if hardware issue.

Hi, I’ve had the same issue for a while now but used to happen so rarely I just s thought I was my start up process with VDJ8. Until today started freezing constantly, would play for a short while until I did any type of scratch or backspin action for more than a few seconds with the right platter then the platter would freeze. Wouldn’t start playing unless I took it off vinyl, so I tried to adjust the platter sensitivity today and ended up doing a factory reset because the left platter wouldn’t adjust. Worked smoothly after that so far (and I maxed the sensitivity on both), this issue used to be rare and used to affect the other platter instead. I’ll update if it comes back.

1 Like

UPDATE (if you still have original firmware this won’t apply to you): So I left my controller stored for about a month with new firmware already working. Last week I updated VDJ to the 2020 version then tried it with the deck this past Saturday & low & behold this #%** started again!! Tried my little reset thingy a couple times to the point where both platters stopped. I switched outlets thinking it was grounding, still screwed… then I tried Hail Mary, I downgraded the firmware (yea, the updated let’s you do that) to version 1.1, guess what? Stopped freezing but it wouldn’t scratch unless I was touching the decks faceplate (grounding it) at this point I probably should have swapped outlets back but threw another HM, downgraded all the way to the original firmware (version 1.0) then switched the outlets & the damn thing is now working perfectly. Same Saturday night I did a 4 hr gig & another 1 the next day, not even a hiccup. Don’t know if there is anything missing from it by downgrading but I don’t miss anything. If you want to try this have to go to denon and download from the archived firmware:

https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#mc7000

I download the old firmware, (I went all the way back to the original version 1.0, if wanna give 1.1 a try go for it) then in the firmware updater options check “allow downgrade” then just go through the steps as you would for the upgrade but substituting the downloaded firmware bin file instead. Hope this works for you.

1 Like

PS: I also have serato dj on the same pc, was freezing the platter on that too. Haven’t tried serato since I did the downgrade, will post as soon as I do.

1 Like

Hi @Tamoriginal I am having the same issue, I just got my mc7000 last week and experienced this during a set and was like ■■■! Thank GOD I had my turntables connected. Have you had this issue anymore since you downgraded? I have seratodj pro btw.

I fixed my problem… I sold the denon. Picked up the DDJ 1000SRT, Problem solved😎

Hi d08b, it hasn’t happened since I did the firmware downgrade & I’ve I used it quite a bit. Forgot about the Serato test till now, probably try it this weekend & let you know but the problem hasn’t happened with virtualDJ at all.

Ok thx for your reply. I will try the downgrade in a few and see if that works. Since you’re a vet on the 7000, any other quirks, tips or tricks you can share? Would be appreciated.

Pretty much: don’t bang in the play & que buttons like the pad ones they wear much easier; the crossfader is pretty generic, mine wore out & started bleeding after about 6 months but they’re pretty easy to swap; 1 of the issues the updates was supposed to solve is the mics being hot so watch out for that if you downgrade also I don’t think you will be able to adjust the platter sensitivity with the original firmware… that’s about it, hope that helps.

Thx, lol I JUST realized It doesn’t even let me put it in hardware mode with the old firmware to adjust but the platter freeze still happens. So will try 1.1 maybe? Not sure if it serato or the controller now. It’s frustrating for the money spent on this thing. Thx this was helpful!