Massive List of SC5000 Issues (all with video evidence)

Ah okay, thanks for the information. My audio from the SC5000’s typically stop sending a signal right when I load a track, however, I’ve also seen them stop sending a signal shortly after the track starts playing.

I typically only use the main cue for identifying where the music will read on the meter before I transition into the next song.

I’m the same, so I could be missing lasting main cue zero problems in the firmware. The inability for holding the music with your hand (triggering scratch mode) and it acting equivalent to a pause state prevents me from using the main cue zero more. I basically only use main cue zero to stop the music or jump to the very beginning of the track rarely. I also figure I’m saving my cue buttons from the wear they will eventually incur when newbs eventually get on them during open decks after COVID and start pounding it with the beat mindlessly.

Hi @djbertie - Back in May I put you in touch with one of my support colleagues. At that time, do you know if they repaired or replaced your hardware?

I suspect the unit came in for service but the technician wasn’t able to easily reproduce the issues and the same unit was sent back. Did you confirm this via the serial number?

The only thing I can think to try outside of RMA is to reformat a new drive with a handful of tracks and see if the problem persists. Make sure you are using a brand name (Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, Etc.) media device with a read speed of 90mb/s or greater.

1 Like

I thank you for exposing your problem because indeed, we cannot afford crash test evenings on a daily basis.I hope the Denon team will reproduce this bugs and solve your problem. :muscle:t3: force to you

I was in touch with the technician and after going through a handful of ‘process of elimination’ factors, he replaced one of units. I didn’t experience any of these reoccurring issues for the first few hours I put into it, but eventually they all started occurring again.

In regards to reformatting a new harddrive, I am honestly exasperated from having to recue/reloop/analyze 50k tracks, reformat after reformat. I’ve also used a thumb drive with 1k songs on it and the issues still persisted. I’ve already reformatted my main drives at least 4 times with 4 different harddrives and the issues have always persisted. On top of all this, you can now add the pitch fader glitch and cue glitch to the issues I’m experiencing, as I’ve never encountered these prior to the most recent update. They are very spotty issues.

Until EP has an actual SYNC HARDDRIVE TO DATABASE, I will no longer be reformatting anything. I refuse to organize my music any other way because I use my harddrive for other programs as well- library management confined to only inside EP is no bueno for my work flow.

1 Like

In all honesty, I think there’s something wrong outside of the boundaries of your prime system.

Whether it’s unstable power coming into your house or some regular venue that you use your primes, or that you balance your hard drive on top of something with a magnetic field, like a speaker, power supply, coiled extension lead or have an power distribution strip that’s sending voltage down the earth cables - I don’t know, but you seem to be getting more problems and more issues than any 4 other users combined - and that can’t be just plain old dumb bad luck

I am increasingly suspecting it is Prime doing drive writes causing some of his problems… possibly exacerbated by poor drive or file tables, but not necessarily. InMusic needs to add a read-only mode and NTFS read-only support. In the meantime, try a streaming service with no drives connected.

I agree with you. As of right now the only thing left to do is for me to use my setup on a dj program and see if I still receive the layering issue, because that is the most prominent encounter I experience (along with the search reset, but this is just common for a lot of people). And try my setup using TIDAL. All of the other issues are completely inconsistent, or just started occurring with the most recent update.

On a side note I have used (and own): Samsung T5 500gb, Samsung T7 500gb, 128gb sandisc thumbdrive, and another 16gb thumbdrive. I’ve received - at the minimum - the layering issue on all. This list is more for Denon to be aware that these issues exist and for new users to understand what they may encounter. I haven’t heard back from either technician I spoke with, so I’m under the assumption they aren’t working on fixing any of these.

EDIT: Quality streaming mismatch has occurred on more than one of my drives as well. Yet again, completely inconsistent.

The only thing I can personally think of that causes the layering and streaming notification is through loading a freshly analyzed song. I sent one of the tech’s a list of songs I’ve encountered my layering and quality streaming mismatch issues with but I haven’t heard back.

Thanks for the additional details. Very strange you’re experiencing all of these issues with multiple units. It has to be something in your configuration or environment causing this.

I didn’t suggest rebuilding you entire collection but a fresh drive with only a “handful” of tracks. It seems like you may have already tried that so perhaps try mixing from only streaming services without any media devices connected to see if the issues persist.

An analysis off option would also be useful. Is it specifically the drive writing or analysis glitching…? Hard to say. Read-only and analysis off modes were both useful for narrowing down issues on the MDJs that were also using Linux.

It still amazes me the things that they had in place that they removed. NTFS read only, BPM with decimal points…Seems those should be the easiest to add back.

And sometimes they do glitch up such that analysis turns off for a while. Certainly not hard stuff to add intentionally. Read-only already is proven to work with streaming services.

I’d say try a pro class sandisk USB and don’t load so much to it. I have 940 tracks on a sandisk pro usb 3.1 drive and it works perfect. I know a lot of DJs won’t show up somewhere without like 50 thousand tracks and then they play 23 of them. Just saying prep like the pros do get a few hundred you know you’ll need and bring those on USB so you’re not trying to push the players to browse through a literal maze of songs.

1 Like

Please read the context, I’ve already done that… I’ve actually done it 4 times. Also, 50k tracks isn’t that much…I would have 700k on the drive if the damn Denon units could actually support it. I have 32k on my drive and the 5000’s search awfully slow even with that much.

EDIT: By the way, the cue glitch issue has officially happened to me a second time. This is definitely a new glitch as of the most recent update. I can add more video evidence of this later of necessary.

Hi.

It is the first time using any Denon device, I got me couple of SC5000s one month ago, and the last weekend was my first gig.

It happens to me.

CUE GLITCH ISSUE Some times the CUE is not returning to the cue point, it is setting a new cue point instead of return, when the song is playing. similar issue as the mentioned.

SECOND UNIT LOST THE COMMUNICATION (LINK PORT). The second SC500 unit was no able to open any more the library comming from the USB of the first SC5000, it was fixed reseting the second SC unit (power off,power on). First unit was alway opening the USB library. Even the next track was played on the layer B of the first unit.

In my understanding, these are software issue and can be fixed.

Hoping Denon can do a more robust software.

I will be posting any update.

I think you’ve set the connection ting cable up wrong . But you need to put your experiences on a new post rather than jump on someone else’s

I think you’ve set the connection ting cable up wrong.

Not nothing about wrong cable connection, It happen after around 2 hour of playing, even before of the reset, i doble checked the ethernet cable connection on both devices, and they were correct inserted (click).

I reply this post to reforce that there are some FW issues according to me, I will consider copy it to a new one else.

Have you tried other Ethernet cables and experienced the same issue?

The question is not IF they’re inserted, but WHERE they’re inserted. They need to be in the correct ports. You haven’t mentioned a mixer. Are you using a Denon X1800 or X1850?

Shouldn’t make any difference with whether or not the drives are sharing. The ‘correct port’ thing is entirely to do with the synchronization of the LEDs and the preview feature. The hub itself could care less which port you’re connected to, and it either works or it doesn’t. Drop outs, reboots, and link errors are not unheard of on Prime, though.