Manage Beatport Link Playlists

Hey, it would be great if its possible to manage Beatport Link playlists on the Prime 4. Aswell rate songs and write comments on Prime 4 for each song. So we don’t need an PC for editing.

5 Likes

I think there is a feature request for this somewhere. I’ve just received my Prime 4 and I was very surprised I couldn’t do this, despite Beatport Link still being in beta stage. I’m assuming this limitation lies with Denon though and not Beatport? Not being able to arrange playlists by key makes it pretty useless in my opinion. Even DJ Pro with Spotify could do this :frowning:

1 Like

Perhaps I am referring more to sorting playlists than editing/managing them, but I think more playlist features overall would be nice! Most of these requests seem to reflect pretty standard expectations from DJ software, so I’m hopeful they will be added at some point.

1 Like

YES

• 1 for sorting playlists in Beatport Link directly in Engine OS.

Just like we can with tracks from a USB drive or SD Card, sort by genre, BPM, key, date added, date released, title, artists etc.

Please we need this feature!

Thanks

4 Likes

So you can go onto Beatport DJ app and sort your playlist in there and save the order.

Cant do key and BMP, but at least one at a time and is better then nothing.

This is still one of my biggest pet peeves and reason I use other dj gear more often than I’d like. I gave up on the amount of work it takes to locally load and line up my library through engine dj and strictly use Beatport outside of my ‘vintage’ tracks. Driving around for work listening to Beatport and creating playlist is great. Show up to the decks and there they are. But Denon seems to be the only Beatport link integrator that doesn’t allow you to search, sort ect why you are using it. At some point I’d like an explanation from an actual member of the Denon team why this isn’t a thing. Hoop dream (like being able to use my sc6000s while I import music and make playlists).

2 Likes

Yes I’d love this feature to as I only use beatport link now.

1 Like

I agree. It would be super useful to have the ability to rate and comment on Beatport songs, as well as sort them by play count in Engine OS.

I’m new to Denon, and I wasn’t able to do this on the computer either.

How can Beatport music be managed for standalone software?

Just received the Prime 4+ and right off the bat ran into this. The controller is going back unfortunately as I am exclusively using Beatport streaming (LINK).

Shame Denon, shame.