⚠️ macOS 11 Big Sur Support for Denon DJ

Still no Big Sur support ?

Still no news?

Pioneer Dj send last week an email that they support now Big Sur and the new M1 macs.

Lets see how long Denon DJ needs for the support.

And Apple have probably got another OS release lined up for release moments after hardware companies bend their firmware to meet Big Surs dictation.

1 Like

I confirm the full compatibility of denon dj ds1 with big sur on Apple m1! latency 1ms the PC is at 33 degrees, crazy: joy:

[image]

Any news? Other applications on my Mac cannot update because they need Big Sur. It has been over two months now…

That’s a real issue with Apple. Why do they have to update their OS every damn year? Just keep it 2-3 years with minor fixes and then roll out a major new release. It’s not Denon to blame here, several companies are struggling with BigSur and even Crapalina. That’s why I am still with Mojave. Zero problems!

I am also doing some 3D modelling as a hobby but can’t even use GPU rendering in Blender anymore, because Apple ditched/ignores all major graphic APIs (OpenGL, CUDA, Vulcan) in favor of their own niche and proprietary Metal. They go a bit too radical with some trends imho rather than listening to their pro customers.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to start building some custom mac’s or go full windows???

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on this, Engine PRIME v1.6 (released today) is now compatible with macOS Big Sur. It is important to mention that while Big Sur is officially supported, M1 hardware is not. We will continue to update this thread as new information becomes available. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is very frustrating. Any idea on timescale for M1 compatibility?

1 Like

No M1 compatibility yet?..

I tried ep on the m1 w/Big sur and it works. Didn’t play around with it long enough to see if all is up to par though.

1 Like

Totally Agree with the comment.