Macbook Pro, Prime 4 & Soundswitch connection

Prime 4 connected to macbook pro with ethernet cable and thunderbolt-adapter (Stagelinq). USB to DMX adapter from Soundswitch also connected.

I switched to the Prime 4 stand alone system and wanted to use my macbook pro for controlling my lights. I also want to use my macbook pro to download tracks on the fly (request that I don’t have) and put them on a USB-stick and plug it in my prime4.

Here’s the problem… When I’m using soundswitch in performance mode I have to switch off the WIFI on my mac. Is there a workaround to keep my wifi activated when using soundswitch???

greets

1 Like

Could you not tether to your phone? Does that affect Soundswitch?

So I’ve been having the exact same issue and have a temporary, albeit ridiculous fix for this. I’ve connected my Prime 4 to a router via ethernet cable. Then connected my MacBook Pro to the Wifi network that router is putting out. On the side, I have my phone putting out its own hotspot and I connect the Prime 4 Wifi to it. NOTE: Tidal will not work as long as that ethernet cable is still plugged into StageLinq port, but the moment you unplug it, it’ll work.

So whenever I want to load in a request, I simply unplug the ethernet cable from the Prime 4, go to Tidal, wait for the download to finish (ill usually load up the next 3 tracks if possible), then plug the ethernet cable back in.

The downside of all this is that your lighting state will pause upon unplugging, but resumes right on cue after plugging back in.

This is a rather huge bug that needs to be fixed. But in the meantime, I actually figured out a better way to do this. First - connect the P4 to a wireless network (phone hotspot or whatever) using the built in wifi. Then - open up Tidal & establish a connection. Last - connect ethernet cable to computer running Soundswitch. I normally have to quit Soundswitch & open it up a 2nd time before it see’s the P4, but once that’s done it works perfectly & you can still stream from Tidal.