Losing view spot when moving in file browser

Hi all - new user moving from RB to Denon ecosystem - trying to reorganize my entire library into the crate system which I absolutely love…however, I’m ready to rip my hair out with this project.

I filter my collection by Date Added, so I can organize my new tracks, while also going through my old tracks to add them into crates. Whenever I click into a crate (or playlist, or my file system browser…or anything) and then I click back into my collection, I lose the last track I was looking at and the file browser goes back to the top of the list. It’s even worse with the actual file browser, because it also resets the filter, and I have to click twice to filter by ‘latest on top’ and the scroll up to the top of the list if I’ve recently added new tracks to the folder.

Is this a setting I can change, or is this my life now?

2 Likes

I don’t know about Prime, but in Engine OS Playlists, this is your life now: Crates remember their position and sorting, playlists don’t. But crates have no preset order, playlists do… Rather annoying.

I believe there is a feature request somewhere on the forum about playlist behavior. And I can understand you have the same needs in the main collection view, and file view. Maybe you should upvote it :wink:

Pretty sure this is because both PRIME and OS share the same UI code and on the device your cursor can only be at one place.

Very annoying but that’s your life now :wink: