"Load user profile?" Why?

OK. SOLVED!

I imported all of my music from Rekordbox using the SC5000 as a “translator”…At the end of the process a nice “Engine Library” folder was created on my external drive…In this folder there was NO user profile file!

I always tried to stay away from the Engine Prime SW but at some point I had to jump into it…This is when the user profile file was written to my USB pen…From that moment, well it is history…

So, if you change your preferences (color, light level, and so on) on the SC5000 these data are retained in the internal SC memory and again no user profile is created… If you save your preferences (from the PREFERENCES TAB, SAVE to Device) now a user profile file will appears in the Engine Library folder on your external memory drive… And we get back to the beginning of this thread… At this point we can discuss on why they (DENON) decided for always asking the user to import the user profile…I mean if you insert a data and time tag in the file the SW can automatically see if the question should be asked…anyway, that’s it.

Thanks everybody for your GREAT support. Ciao!

2 Likes

Simply delete the profile file from your drive and stick to the already made settings on the SC’s.

However, every SC you own needs to be changed to your preferences manually (you probably did that already) BUT if you go out and play on another person’s SC, you don’t have your own preference with you on the drive.

(was “great” meant as sarcastic? :wink: Or are you really happy with the support?)

Thanks Reese, already done it.

Not a joke, REALLY happy with the support…at the end forced me to think what was changed in the last month and why you all say that asking for loading a profile is “normal”… simply because you use Engine Prime SW and I don’t!

Support does not only means someone that solve your problems…It is a means of thinking on what to do and why do it that way and not the other…People that interact whit each other can sometime be of great help/support…That’s my two cents! Great support!

2 Likes

I think, like a few others in this thread, misunderstood what you were saying @amarillis . I thought that you meant the ‘Load User Profile’ screen kept coming up over and over again. My mistake.

I’m glad you found a solution, deleting the profile file and refraining from saving your SC5000 preferences to your drive from here on in sounds solid.

I’ll be closing this thread as a solution has been found. Thanks everyone for your input!

2 Likes