Live Stream

perfetto.lui dice questo:

For the sake of everyone’s ears: do not rely on the external microphone of the laptop to pick up the sound of the room. Instead, use an audio interface - I like IK’s iRig Stream - to wire the audio from your mixer directly to your laptop (and, bonus: you can also use iRig on your iPhone / iPad, even if streaming it can still kill the battery there). Its price is $ 100 at a good price, and it’s worth it: you get correct sound quality and easy flexibility with level a

538/5000

and choose this: iRig Stream, because it prefers external audio … also because it can be moved to other PCs and taken on the road, and then not being inside the PC, there is no risk of capturing noises or hums inside the PC itself, being the audio very delicate for these interference problems right? then in his video I saw that he uses the webcams I wrote about above, the logitech 930 and 920, because he believes it is better to have 2 for a good direct mixed streaming, seen with 2 shooting angles, it is more beautiful

the only problem that has only unbalanced rca inputs, and no xlr either…the only problem that has only unbalanced rca inputs, and no xlr even … so now I have no more ideas, because in your link it only talks about that product

Yes this is very popular right now and sold out in most places last I checked on Amazon

Another popular one is the Roland Go Mixer , also sold out on Amazon.

Another one is Evermix4

I suppose you are going to be having a short cable from your mixer to the sound card.

What are your concerns with using unbalanced RCA for streaming?

i have all balanced xlr system, and the sound is much better it has no interference problems, so it is cleaner, if i have to shop, i do it well

Yes I know the Prime4 has XLR but that’s your master but also has the RCA option as well.

If you insist on using XLR then you need to get a studio grade sound card.

https://www.gearank.com/guides/audio-interface

i looked at your link … i don’t understand why they all have mic inputs, and not xlr? if they are for mic, they have impedance and sensitivity different from line inputs -----oppure è la stessa cosa? la forma è diversa è quella che si usa per i microfoni, input xlr è diversa

That’s a combo jack my friend.

I suppose some of them can be switched to line level input . You just need to check the specs prior to buying

https://www.gearank.com/guides/ipad-audio-interface

These ones are also compatible with IOS

I looked at your link … and I see that the inputs are like this: Instrument inputs: 2x 6.3 mm unbalanced jack, and here too I have the same problem, that is, an unbalanced input signal that I need instead … strange thing, this external card I have 2x 6.3 jack balanced output, so I ask, why didn’t they both do the same thing, ie balanced inputs as output? thanks for your help that you are giving me and I apologize if I can bother you

How far away You will keep this recorder from the mixer? 20 meters? If right next to it, then balanced or unbalanced will not make You any difference. Unless You will stay in a place with a lot of radio waves and other strange interference… But I don’t believe so…

but I just asked why don’t they all equal balance? instead of unbalanced input and balanced output? there will be a valid reason…this i would like to understand

You run longer distance to speaker, then from Your source.

ok I see that on the internet it is difficult to find what I am looking for, it is easier to find unbalance input, and output balance, so I will look for a good external card so, however, I wanted to tell you, that the ones you put me in link are in particular for apple smartphones and android (pc / mac after) instead I want a specific for musician and dj, therefore specific for mixer, instruments with software also professional, but that does not cost much

example: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00KBMAJZS?tag=quales chooseereit-21&ascsubtag=confb_6w1gocut7gwa40vysptkd ma ha uscita usb2

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07YYWLGFM?linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&tag=tech.fanpage-21&ascsubtag=pull514890 con usb3

Hi. Ich schreibe das ganze mal auf Deutsch. Die Seite hat ja ein Übersetzer Tool. Zumindest bei mir. Ist einfacher.

Ich habe das ganze nun probiert. Sehr lange. Es hat lange gedauert, bis ich das Micro nicht mehr im Stream gehört habe. Focusrite Software installiert, dann wurde es besser. Livestream bei Facebook gestartet, alles Mono. In OBS soweit alles richtig eingestellt. Was mache ich falsch? Auf der Monospur fehlt ein Teil der Bassdrum oder anderes. Ich habe mal ein Video gemacht. Vielleicht erkennt man da meinen Fehler.

Heeeeeelp. :smile:

this? https://www.amazon.it/Steinberg-UR242-EU-Interfaccia-audio/dp/B00UTFC9RI/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Steinberg%2BUR22%2BMKII&qid=1585855382&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1&th=1

here I think I found everything I said above, give me some advice, if you take this:

or this:

the difference is around 50 euros, so better the first one, what about me?

now I would like to know if it is worth having more output or not, because I have a p4 mixer and from there I go to my pc, with OBS software and then go in live streaming, so the second card would abdicate well, the one with 2 inputs 2 outputs quite right? oppre better to have the 4 outputs? what could this last choice be for? if someone helps me, I can immediately buy the card now, and work already tomorrow with the speed of amazon … Thanks again for who help again

For info - if anyone has tried hooking up their iPhone Directly to the Prime4 by way of a TRS to TRRS cable (like the Rode SC4).

In order to get this to work I had to unplug one of the RCA master out connectors are the back of the P4 (right or left - doesn’t matter) in order for the sound to be picked up by the phone.

Took me ages to figure out. At first the phone didn’t even register that id plugged in the cable - when I hit record on the phone it was still picking up the ambient noise fr the phones internal mic - and not the direct feed. At first I though the Rode SC4 was faulty.

Then I tried plugging in the SC4 first (on its own with a lightening adapter) and THEN the RCA cable from the mixer. At that point the phone realised there was an external device plugged in. However it was not picking up any sound.

Only then did I mess with the RCA cable at the master out and unplugged one of the connectors. Then it worked.

Appreciate the sound recorded via the SC4 adapter is mono but it’s a quick and convenient way to steam stuff in decent quality.

And make sure the master is set at no more than 2 or the sound will also clip/cut out.

(I ran my own monitor speakers through booth out so could have my volume set at whatever I wanted).

Hope that helps someone.

I think I’ll go for the Roland Go mixer when they are back in stock - looks like that will have much better stereo output.

In my -very- humble opinion, the Yamaha AG03 (webcasting) USB mixer is the answer to most streaming/recording questions. It’s versatile on your desk for the purpose of streaming & recording, hooking up a high-quality (phantom power on-board) mic, should you need one, function as your desktop sound card and go with you on a gig.

It’s USB-powered (so not yet another power supply unit - you have to connect it to your PC anyway) and features excellent Yamaha digital pre-amps as well as 192KHz/24-bit sound quality. It comes with an AI download version of Cubase for recording. And at a price of just under 150 euro I think it’s a really good deal.

As for the RCA/XLR discussion, it has balanced outputs, so your connection to your speakers (even at a gig with long distances) is fine. It has Jack inputs for stereo channel 2/3, but they are not balanced. That said, it doesn’t matter, hooking up your controller with RCA as long as you stay below about 6 feet of cable should work just fine.

Hit me up on PM if you want the pdf document I made to explain a little more how this setup can benefit us DJ’s.

My 3 cents as usual.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.