Listerning button next to tracks

I think it would be good to have a play button next to each track in the crates so you press it and it plays a sample of that track straight through to the headphones only. making it quicker to find the perfect track instead of loading each time and pressing play and pause till u find that track!

7 Likes

I think this has been suggested before in the suggestions, but it is a definite from me.

Pioneer do this I cant remembr what device/controller but its really handy so another vote from me.

Hi @Vjmix, thanks for posting! We have an awesome Feature Request section of our Forum where you can submit requests and get feedback on them. Members can even vote on the feature if they agree that it belongs on our gear! Check it out to see if a request like this has been made or submit here: Feature Request, SC5000/SC5000M

There’s one on Prime 4, I cannot find one for SCs.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/pre-listen-a-track-during-search/13729

1 Like

Curious a little about your vision for this feature… what channel or how would you que this pre-listen on the mixer? Tractor controllers have a preview feature but I’m just not sure how you’d pull it off with a modular player/mixer arrangement. Would be great if it could be done though.

Each SC5000 has only two outputs, this woud require a third one, so I don’t think it can be done. Systems that do this mix the songs internally, but this is not the case of the SC5000s…

There’s no way to get pre-listening just directly to the headphone jack on the X1800. There are other ways to do this, though…

https://community.enginedj.com/t/allow-us-to-load-a-track-when-hand-on-platter-holding-music-relatively-still-or-slow-even-withlock-playing-deck-on/

You have the network link between x1800 and the players. This can be used to implement the prelisten feature… Using AVB protocol.

1 Like

It would be nice for X1800 to get audio over ethernet implemented for a variety of other reasons. Then what you’re asking for would require the players to get it too, which would be pretty redundant for any other reason except for what you’re asking for: to pre-listen. Then you’ve got the issue of how to get the audio to send into the headphone section when the mixer’s not in the separate master/headphone audio interface mode that usually is reserved for MIDI. Heck, we’re still trying to get played track information transmitted over the ethernet between the players.

My point in my prior post was to point out there’s another way to get similar end results with no significant complicated additional development/coding necessary, just some slight tweaking of what behavior/functionality is allowed when. I’m personally completely happy swiping tracks on screen and if my hand is on the platter at the time, it could load without needing to push pause and play without having to push play. Hand on platter bypasses both track lock and single mode.

@yeltsin posted the actual feature request, but here it is again for reference. Take some time to vote on the actual Pre-Listen Tracks Feature Request, I’ll be I’ll be closing this thread.

Thanks man, I have liked it!!