Link speed on Lan Switch

Does anyone uses 3 (or 4) SC5000’s linked on a normal hub/switch? Is link speed as good as on direct SC5000 to SC5000 link? I’m about to add a 3th SC5000 to my setup (using a XONE DB2 mixer) so I’ll need a switch, is gigalan necessary or a 10/100 regular switch is fast enough? Thanks a lot!!

I have used them like this and they work fine, you wont notice any difference, I am fairly sure but not 100% that they are gigabit.

Just buy a gigabit switch either way, would be hardly any more than a 10/100 switch.

As a side note I have even accessed a USB device plugged in to my prime 2 over wireless on the SC5000’s which worked absolutely fine, the only downside was searching was a bit slower.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!!!

I use a Rane MP2015 mixer, which doesn’t have a hub - instead, my 3 decks are connected via a 4 port gigabit hub. You wouldn’t know the difference.

1 Like

Tried with a older, high quality 10/100 switch and was as fast as a direct link. I think it will work perfectly when I get my 3th unit. Thanks for your time and help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.