Library display bug

Hello Team Denon, A bug has appeared since version 2.0 and it is still not fixed regarding the display of playlists. Let me explain: If we have a root playlist folder for me “Dj” and in this one I have other playlists folders classified by “Genre” which contain folders classified by “Artist”, each time I Along the way, I will have the root “DJ” folder, then the first “Ambiance” playlist folder (first alphabetical letter) which contains the first “Artist” playlist folder which will begin with A. Each time you navigate, this is always the one that will come back, I I would have to go back each time to view and enter the other playlists folders, despite the choice in the preferences of the “Open or Select” Library

Here : Library

Hi @DjMell26 - Happy to help here. Have you tried updating to 2.1.1? Does this issue persist on an updated firmware?

Hello Anthony and thank you for your feedback on the issue. Unfortunately, the problem is also existing on version 2.1.1 see the video and this regardless of the “Select” or “Open” mode. I have the impression that the folder opens differently depending on where you press your finger on the screen. If we press towards the edge of the folder it opens correctly and if we press towards the arrow it jumps from DJ to Annie Cordy which is in the ambiance folder instead of DJ then Ambiance which contains the Annie Cordy folder. In addition there is no longer any difference between the “Select” and “Open” mode strange no ???

Video

In fact, I’ve always tried to tell the difference between these two settings, and I’ve never been able to. I didn’t notice any differences in behavior between selecting one type or the other. Here’s why! :joy: :joy:

Hey @DjMell26 - Thanks for sharing the video. Let me consult with the team and get back to you here.

Thank’s !!!

Have a good end of year party and take care of yourself and your loved ones !!!

What’s up @DjMell26,

I watched your video and I didn’t see you fully navigate OUT of your “DJ” folder to see the difference in the Collection Browse Behaviour. It appears to be working as designed. Please see my video below on the Prime 4 (I also tested it on my SC’s and it worked the same).

You haven’t seen me take out playlists completely, because it’s unresponsive, at least it’s random! and the purpose of my video is especially when entering a playlist or when browsing it jumps each time a folder. I have been working with a root folder since 2005 with Serato ScratchLive to SDJ Pro for an organization identical to my storage which is in “Musics” of my Mac or my Windows PC and since Engine 2.0 we have the simplicity of dragging and dropping in the software which takes us identically our organization including the folders and sub-folders that are in our computers, therefore having a single folder containing everything is easier and faster to create.

On your video … you click on the playlist title and if you click much further to the right of the title and if you have a (root) folder that contains subfolders, an internal jump will occur, you will have your folder (root) and the first title which is in your subfolder instead of this one being displayed. While the path should have been: root folder then → sub-folder (several artists or genre folders) and if you click on one of these sub-folders you enter it in order to view the content, whereas there it isn’t is not the case every time. On versions prior to 1.4 to 1.6.2 I had no such problem or at least less obvious. I think it really depends on where you touch the screen! If we click on the title of a playlist we will enter it correctly, but if we click much more to the right of the title towards “>”, a jump will occur.

For example on my image, if I click on the title of the folder (Country) that I have circled in red, the internal navigation of the folder will be done correctly by showing me the sub-folders. But if I click more to the right of the title “zone circled in blue” … I will have a break from the display of the sub-folder, I will have the display of the titles of an artist from my first sub-folder.

It’s not very easy to explain! sorry