Libary management

Dear fellow Denon users,

I would like to ask you guys what is your best way to manage your library.

First i used traktor with my old denon hardware, later i had some dn-sc6000 also with traktor.

Now i want to spend a lot of time to grab all my music and make it a great library usable for gigs etc.

I havent been serously djing for last 8 years. In my time i had music folser by year burned cd’s printed song lisy in the folder and marked them with color marker.

In my digital life.

I had problems with importing my traktor library. I work with comments and stars for the songs. Those didnt import to engine.

I used musicbee to hard write my song rating in stars in the mp3 but engine didnt read them.

Now i tried to change folder structure on hd and not working anymore in engine, but read on the forum it is for a future update.

I tried itunes in the past buy don’t like it but willing to try it again.

Serato isn’t able to add stars to songs so I don’t prefer this.

Recordbox I didn’t try…

If somebody now what is the best way to tackle this… Any info would be much appreciated!

You could try Rekorcloud’s Lexicon for more granular management.

Welcome back to DJing

Have a wee look at this before you start moving things around

2 Likes

Hi bro, first of all thanks for your reply. I watched your video yesterday. I own a prime 4 since, ± 2 years. Last gig was July 2020 since then my prime still stand in the club due to corona. Before in my studio but I moved, anyway I’ve tried EP but I read on the forum the software is still not quite there.

I only don’t completely share your view of dropping all files in one directory and building crates/Playlist. But I understand where you coming from and if all meta data is filled it probably has more pros then cons. But then I need to build up only crates from this big folder.

Im not sure yet if I want to spend all time and energy in EP to set up my library. I get mixed signals from it.

Normally when I have downloaded lets say a new Beatport top 100. I use musicbee or generic mp3 player. With keyboard commands I can skip songs to move forward, assign ratings etc. Works very fast. When this is done I would like to load it into EP or your suggested software rekord.cloud/lexicon and that it would read folder structure and ratings. This to add comments and setup cues and loops.

Again thanks for your suggestion. I didn’t knew of rekord.cloud/lexicon before you mentioned it. Some other user mentioned as well don’t stick or be stuck at one way to manage your library. So I will keep reading and make a well informed decision how I’m going to do this:)

Building crates is optional.

If you have a coding/my-tagging system in place you don’t actually need to build any playlist/crate - except for specific gigs/event

That video is old but explains what I meant by a tagging system

I use #tags

:100: :100:

Hi bro,

Thanks again for all solutions and help.

When I have the time to start working on my library I will use rekord.cloud/lexicon as you suggested. As I understood i then have universal library which I can export to engine or rekordbox.

Non related, I was just checking some songs. Did you parcipate in the riton nightcrawlers remix? Probably to you for getting it out.

Thanks again

1 Like

It’s that imposter on the track :crazy_face:

1 Like