Laptop not connecting

Hi Ive got a prime 4 and wont connect to my laptop only in serato pro dj . Anyone experienced same problem ? Also got a 1tb samsung sata ssd and cant format it because of that. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Clau88 Welcome to the forum,

Are You trying to connect to serato?

Or You mean that it only connects to serato?

If I try to connect to the laptop the controller cant find it but if I turn serato on then it connects to serato so basicly it only connects in serato

So the internal disk is not seen by the computer?

Check this recent topic:

And preferably the link mentioned there also:

For now the controller mode for Prime 4 works only in Serato and Virtual Dj. What else You want to achieve?

I want to use it with denon prime engine from the laptop

This program is not for djing, it is only for file management. Did You installed a hard drive inside the Prime 4? Do You want to add music to that drive? What exactly do You want to do?

What’s up @Clau88,

Engine is music management only, not a DJing software. You can use either Serato DJ Pro (free full licensed use) or Virtual DJ (paid license use) with the P4.

1 Like

Hi thanks but thr problem ive got is that engine prime wont connect to my controllerto put music on it

Reread my comment please.

Thanks I managed to get it working . It wasnt showing my ssd in engine prime but now it does thank you verry much.

Did you need to go to Disk Management? :relieved:

Hi Reece my laptop crashed while using engine and says my c:/ needs formatting how will I get round this with having to format my laptop???

Database needs to be repaired, I guess. I’m sure you have a backup. Restore it.

Otherwise use steps @JonnyXDA wrote on this forum, but it’s not for novice users.

Denon really should reword that corruption message.

Can’t use my engine any ideas