Lack of deadzone to the left of center on Sweep FX on all except Noise

Lack of deadzone to the left of center on Sweep FX on all except Noise

I think the deadzones might need to be expanded, particularly in the left direction.

On some of the pots, I’m getting occasionally a little bit of left-of-center effect even though I’m physically centered or pretty close. If I wiggle any of the pots, I can get this to happen a little, but some do it more than others. There’s a little play at the center 12 o’clock detent anyway. The gate to the right seems pretty useless but I think that’s already known.

Anyone else noticing the Sweep Effects still slighting triggering to the left sometimes?

So are you suggesting a hardware flaw or software or both? I wanna make sure I understand you right before I check mine.

I’m saying minor variation in the hardware centering of the Sweep FX pots I’m noticing that can be resolved with a slight software fix.

I see what you mean and I have not noticed.

Try moving your sweep FX knobs to the left most within the center detent to see if any of them trigger it. Probably one single tick of additional deadzone width to the left would resolve it.

Ive noticed it as well. I would like a small dead zone on either side of center detent both on sweep FX and Filter knobs.

Are any of yours doing it to the right? I can’t get any of mine on the one X1800 that’s out now to activate it to the right within the detent. Two of the four pots can be made to do it easily to the left, though. There was also at least one prior thread on this topic, and the original poster said one of his pots could do it to the left.

Currently none of them do it to the right, however I would want both dead zones to match. The moment you leave the detent going right, they activate on mine.

1 Like

I see this as a positive thing, a benefit. It’s a safety zone where the effect being off isn’t reliant on the user getting the control precisely into a infintisimally small “off” millimetre.

Same goes on the VL12.

They’re not dead zones. They’re extended safe / zero zones

Well, from the video I’ve seen, the center deadzone is obviously way too big on the VL12 pitch fader and without a visual indicator of when you’re in/out of it… and completely unnecessary on the ends of the fader. On the X1800 Sweep Effect knobs, they could be a tick bigger, at least on the left side, but I’d be fine with it being widened the same in either direction. I suspect that’s all that’s necessary, but I don’t know the resolution of the pots or what they’re currently being registered as… as in how many different positions they have in each direction. Maybe they’d need the deadzone widened a bit more than that to be perpetually free of accidental triggers.

Agreed. Large zero zones on Turntables are actually detrimental. You lose a small portion of pitch adjustment between 0% and 1% which can make a difference when mixing with more than two turntables.

I just updated and checked my other mixer, and this no longer appears to be an issue on the latest X1800 firmware. I thought I had a feature request, but I can’t find it to close out as implemented.

These are the other threads I can find:

Anyone else still have this problem who wants to chime in?

IMG_6869

The two groups of words are like some yawning comic epitaph on any topic which everyone else had the decency to let R.I.P

One of the rare reasons to necrobump an old topic is to confirm that the issue is no longer present.

Respectfully Pasha, bugger off

1 Like

Always, of course.

Have not encountered it in a minute.

My X1800 did go in for repairs though and they changed something.

Did you have the issue originally?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.