KI & Deep learning - How good is our A.I. now?

I only can say … wow

The time goes bye, and our computers can recreate songs now (when not real … but you can get a hint what will be in some years …)

Just look at the demos …

“Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.”

That is some weird sh…

:man_shrugging:

I always knew djs will someday be replaced. :laughing:

“Do you want killer robot terminator ants? Because that’s how you get killer robot terminator ants.”

1 Like

I think I have ants in my pants.

I was searching for a tool, which can analyze my whole mp3´s and hear what kind of genre my musicfiles are. So I came also to this research site. And yes. Automatic tagging with A.I. is also possible.

You can have a open source for this called: musicnn - which do thist.

Also a service called Musiio is on the start now, but they aren´t cheap.

Musicnn works with python … but I havent had success installing and running it … will try when I have more sparetime. Maybe DENON can look into this services … and give us an option for A.I. Tagging in Engine Prime someday … (Dreaming about it is allowed, or ?)

1 Like

I think we need to get the natural intelligence in Engine Prime first :smile:

I think we need to get natural intelligence for your average human, sadly we’re still a long way from that.

1 Like

It’s T-Pain’s fault! Using that freakin’ Autotune. LOL

At least he can actually sing properly without it. Bring back the days when songs were written and played by musicians in a studio.

I really struggle to find tracks with a proper arrangement, melody, actual instruments and a vocal with meaning, sung well.

Milli Vanilli?

Terminator

2 Likes

A.K.A. Frank Farian. He’s certainly got some talent.

2 Likes

I take it you don’t listen to a lot of metal? Pretty easy to find tracks like these if you go outside of mainstream music.

I’ll listen to anything if it’s good.

I went through a “rock period” in the 90s, when moving from vinyl to CD and buying a wider variety of genres as I wasn’t DJing in clubs any more. Bands like: Live, REM, Green Day, Everclear, Offspring, Skunk Anansie, Placebo, Incubus…

“Rock phase” then lists bands that are all known to use autotune.

Listen to a few SMG YouTube vids, particularly the early ones to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

Eh? I don’t recall saying that rock bands use autotune.

[edit] I finally managed to work out what you meant. You think all the bands I listed use AutoTune.

Evidence? I was a fan of some bands specifically because the vocalists were excellent. Even saw Incubus live in London.

What’s SMG? All I’m getting on YouTube is videos about sub machine guns.

Just found this - two bots “chatting” to each other. Some kind of test/challenge.

It’s hilarious. The “guy” keeps saying how he loves pizza, then shortly afterwards says he doesn’t know what pizza is. :smile: