Jog wheel unresponsive after upgrade to 1.4 beta

Any solution for this? Jog-wheel freeze, same as play and pause button. Some times just don’t want to spin properly, only option after this is to turn off and back on again the system. what needs to be done to solve this problem? any upgrades soon to fix this situation? Or is just me?

I would suggest to log beta issues in the right section of the forum, otherwise it could not be picked up by development. You can also always downgrade to the stable version (1.3.3 at this moment)

I did that “downgrade” but show the same problem once you leave the console for a minute or two, I wonder if I am the only one with this problem? can be a system itself problem? malfunction of the left jog-wheel? Perhaps a bug or failure of the inside system that makes it fail?

Hello, I have not upgraded to beta version, but have the same problem with left jogwheel. What would be the reason?

@SHMILYSTAM & @renmachado,

Are you saying that on the latest stable firmware release v1.3.3, you have platter problems?

Does it act as if a hand is held on the platter (LED Ring = White), or the opposite, no response to Jog touch?

Have you removed the protective platter film that the PRIME 4 ships with? This film is used to protect the platter surface during transit but should be removed for normal use as it can inhibit platter touch response.

Hi JWill, Thank you very much for answering my questions. In fact I’m still using 1.3.2, does 1.3.3 solve the problem? It does not happen always, but I’m afraid if it happens playing live… The Jog acts like if “Vinyl” is off and Cue/Play/Pause does not work. Jump works. I’ve removed the film long time ago.

cheers,

Renato Machado

I am not a mobile disk jokey, but wonders me because happened at a record set, have to start all over again almost at the end. good to realize I am not the only one in this situation.Also to see what’s the inside Denon crew think abot this?

Hi @renmachado,

Apologies for the late reply!

It seems that your unit may have a hardware problem. The best and fastest course of action would be to contact our technical support team in your region. They will be happy to assist you further.

https://www.denondj.com/support

Let me know if you have any trouble contacting them.

Best,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I will try to contact them and keep you updated. Thank you very much. Renato