Issue with SC6000M - help! :)

Hi there,

I currently have 2 * SC6000M’s and 1 * X1850 mixer that are connected to my powerful PC via USB cables like this:

[SC6000M] ---------------- [PC] [X1850]---------------------------| [SC6000M]----------------------|

I have noticed since day 1 that my first SC6000M has some stutter/glitching type of sound, especially with high vocals, however my second SC6000M has no issues at all and sound is crisp and clear.

OK I thought, I’ll try the USB cable from the good one on the glitch one… same issue! (so I know it’s not the cable).

So then I go into the X1850 prime control panel and change the buffer size from 256 to 2048… issue has now disappeared (great…) but latency is like 48ms and is noticeably poor for scratching :frowning:

I have changed the bit size from 32 to 16bit (still 44k) to see if that helps…nope!

What I don’t understand is how one deck is absolutely fine with 256 buffer, but the other cannot handle it and has issues? I can even turn the good SC6000M off completely and the poor SC6000M still has glitch sounds.

I initially thought it was an issue with the SC6000M, but since changing the buffer size on the X1850 prime control panel, it works, and sounds as it should.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas how I can get the sound to stop glitching on this particular SC6000M and have a low latency? Or does it sounds like a faulty unit?

For reference; I’m using VDJ and my PC is an i9-9900k, 32GB RAM, it’s a high spec machine and CPU isn’t even trying in the slightest.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Try swapping the two sc6000 units around with each other , to narrow off whether it’s those or not.

The pc could be fast but bloated with software installs and the usual crapware which gets loaded at factory or store. Also bad generic drivers can crap out new PCs until better drivers are released by the pc maker for things like the network card or USB ports

1 Like

What are Your channel settings on the mixer? Sound does not come from the decks, as they are not using their sound cards in controller mode. The X1850 mixer should be connected directly to the pc, the decks can be connected to each other to save up usb ports of Your pc. Check the drivers on Your pc. Let us know how it goes.

Expensive controller. The players don’t even have active soundcards yet. Sounds like either bad usb port, bad midi, or bad touch detection. What happens if you don’t use vdj?

This does not sound like bad touch. When he increased the buffering to a very high number then he had good sound but slow reaction. Looks like totally computer or communication issues with the soundcard.

:teddy_bear:

Too soon?

JKing aside. The player has nothing to do with the soundcard. Any change in buffer performance will affect all decks the exact same since the Prime mixer is acting as the soundcard. He might have thought the buffer improved things, but if issues still follow the deck, then it’s not the buffer. Now, he could have been wrong about the issue following the deck, in which case it could be the buffer size vs computer issues. He has to be wrong about something, though.

Do you only have this issue in VDJ?

Thanks for all of the replies folks. What I didn’t realise was that I hadn’t updated my X1850 firmware from version 1.00 (there’s now version 1.02 available). I’ve updated it and now it all works perfectly with a buffer size of only 256.

Thanks again and apologies, I thought I’d checked this already! :smiley:

3 Likes

Excellent news. Well done for solving it yourself.

I know this issue and it not always affect all decks. Here You have the proof. No player issue was here. (I am a very long term traktor user and experienced a lot of many issues in that time, any dj software has very similar problems)

So in one of my statements I was right - computer and sound card communication.

Maybe it might affect a particular channel on the USB mixer using flawed firmware or even a particular deck within the software more (though doubtful), it’s impossible the player had anything to do with it. An easy misattribution error ascribing patterns when one hasn’t observed long enough to see that it’s actually random. If he’d assigned the physical decks to both different software and mixer channels, the glitching would not have followed the deck.

Well, that was what I was assuming in the first place… Mostly important is - the OP got it solved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.