Issue - 2 connected sc5000s / 1 can't see or save cuepoints

I have two SC5000s and they are connected with the network cable. I can load, view and play tracks on the networked unit, but cue points aren’t included that I set on the 1st and vice versa. Is there a reason for this or a fix?

To clarify: Let’s say Player 1 is on the left and is the player with the USB library in it - while player 2 is on the right and is network linked to player 1, but has no usb devices plugged in. Correct?

So, you can see and load tracks on both decks.

You can save cue points on Player 1, and Player 1 will see those cue points - but if you load the same track later in the same session onto Player 2, the cue points which you saved for that track are not seen by player 2. Loading the same track on player 1 later on, shows the saved cue points again.

Similarly, You can save cue points on Player 2, and Player 2 will see those cue points - but if you load the same track later in the same session onto Player 1, the cue points which you saved for that track are not seen by player 1. Loading the same track on player 2 later on, shows the saved cue points again.

If I’ve understood the above correctly, can you try a safe eject of the media from Player 1 (Press the eject button on the top left of the player, hold your finger on the eject bar until it “empties” on screen etc). Pull the USB media out when safe, then try re-loading the same USB media into either player, and try loading one of those memo’d tracks into both players - are both players now seeing the cue points?

Correct. Everything you stated is true. And I did try safely ejecting and reloading, and the cue points do show on both decks afterwards. Kind of an inconvenience if I don’t have time to prepare and have to on the fly at an event, just to set cue points.

did you save preferences in the deck after your cue point change !!!

Good news… and far less inconvenience.

Cue points, loops etc are saved (and once saved are therefore visible to all networked decks), as soon as the track is unloaded from the deck - so…If you load up “Mary J Blige: Family Affair” on a deck, add a few cue points, loops etc then load any other track, the Mary J Blige track will now be saved, with all the new cue points etc and accessible by all networked players, with those cue points in place.

1 Like

Not so. I’ve noticed on my setup only the player with the drive plugged into it is saving data. The networked player is not. If the track is analysed, that is saved - but not cues or beat grid adjustments.

To clarify:

If doing the following: 1 load “family affair” on both decks. 2. Add cue points to deck 1 and then load another track on deck 1. 3. Expect cues to immediately show up on deck 2 (they won’t)

OR

1 load “family affair” on both decks. 2. Add cue points to deck 1 and then load another track on deck 1. 3. Reload family affair on deck 2 (This unfortunately saves the un-cued version back to the DB before immediately reloading it. This would explain why the grid is saved).

Ultimately, if you do this, all is good: 1 load “family affair” on a single deck. 2. Add cue points to deck 1 and then load another track on deck 1. 3. Load “family affair” on deck 2.

Still better than ejecting, if those odd situations where you’re doing “at-the-gig” setting and saving of Cue points, but not actually playing that tracks there and then.

Interesting… thanks for clarification. Wouldn’t it not a Suggestion to allow your second example to work as well in the future? I am not a technical expert but in that case the Player would Need to detect that the file had been updated before. I am not even sure how often I would have loaded the same track into 2 Player and than decide to do changes in the cues… Maybe just an exceptional case and than it might not be worth to take the effort - at least not before other more important Things being done.

A worthwhile point. The overheads might outweigh the benefits, where a situation may not crop up that often.

To further clarify…

I’m out playing tracks. As most of my library is new to Engine there are not a lot of details (such as cues, etc) saved into them. So I load a track, let’s say Family Affair. I add some cues, maybe a loop, and move the beat grid around a little. Play the track. On to the next.

End of the night comes, I power down the system.

Fast forward to my next show: If at the previous show I had done my editing on Player 1 (where I keep my drive plugged in) then when I load Family Affair here everything is set and ready to go. If I had done my editing on Player 2 (the networked player) then nothing is saved.

So to clarify, this isn’t a problem with drive 2 overwriting the database if I try and load a track again on the same night. Drive 2 is never writing this info to the database in the first place. It just isn’t there for either drive to use at the next show.

1 Like

This is why there’s a safe eject feature for all the media used in the players.

At the end of your set/night you press Eject on the networked players, hold the “ejecting bar” on screen for the couple of seconds while the bar “empties”, and finally, of course, do the same simple eject process on the main player, then all your cues/loops etc from all tunes on all players, will be saved.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, Gee_DenonDJ.

Um, no. There is no eject option on the networked players. If you hit eject only locally connected devices are listed. So you have no ability to “safe eject” from the networked players.

I did make a point of doing a full eject of all the drives from the player they were connected to before powering anything down this time. We’ll see if this makes a difference.

@ToddOddity did you ever get this issue resolved / find a solution?

I haven’t loaded on the new firmware yet to see if it resolved the issue. I’m planning to do that upgrade sometime this week.

I had the same issue but it all fixed when I took the SD card out and ran it through Engine Prime. As soon as I did that, alls aged cues and history appeared.