Is it possible to sort tracks by bpm and then by key?

Hi,

I was wondering if it’s possible to sort the tracks by bpm, and then, by key, directly from the players? I mean, first sort by bpm, and then, for each bpm, sort by key.

Example of desired result:

• 120 bpm, 8A
  • 120bpm, 8A
  • 120 bpm, 9A
  • 120 bpm, 10A
  • 121 bpm, 8B
  • 121 bpm, 9B
  • 122 bpm, 6A

Many thanks!

1 Like

Not in the current FW version! But…you can always connect to Tidal, Beatport, Soundcloud or whatever, and ask if they’re gonna do it for you…You know, we are in the CLOUDs era…And please don’t ask such a silly questions anymore, OK?

1 Like

Already requested in some form here

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ability-to-set-multiple-filters-ex-bpm-key/13717?u=mufasa

Why is this a silly question?

Just kidding…I think this is a good question anyway…

3 Likes

He was joking :upside_down_face:

I had to read it twice to get it

1 Like

I made bpm crates in sarato and transferred them into engine prime software then loaded them onto my usb thumb

1 Like

I was just wondering the same thing. It has since been updated. Click on either one to start the sorting of that category, then shift+click the other category.

I’ve just tried this on my Prime Go with the latest firmware and it didn’t work. Can you give any more information on how you got this to work, please?

1 Like

I make playlists sorted by BPM and then sort them by key on my SC5000’s

Not sure about the device. I am using a Prime 4, and haven’t attempted to do it there yet. I basically sort and build the playlists on my computer and sync them to the device.

It’s a legitimate question. I require a similar function as Serato to be able to sort by Camelot & BPM.

For reference, I’m using a Prime 4 w/on-board tracks.

It’d be nice to have this functionality w/o having to result to using a computer. It defeats the purpose of the console. This is especially important during live performances where you don’t have the luxury of im/exporting playlists and need to do it on the fly. I’d assume this would be programmatically possible with a field layout change and a conditional AND operator in the backend query triggered by a Shift key modifier + 2nd field.

Start a feature request, if it’s popular enough it will be voted for and the dev team will look at it.

Bitrate, bit depth, and sample frequency are three more that would be nice to sort by, but we can’t even see that in the file details on Engine OS yet, or even go directly to the folder that searched file is in. Very rudimentary search capabilities present currently. Hence why the ability to offload tracks from a computer to the players will be so useful prior to the search being improved on the players.

1 Like

Dear @STU-C,

as far as I know:

• In Engine DJ it is possible to sort by more than one criterion

Hit shift and the right mouse button; here in the forum is a detailed description (If I remember well it was posted by @Mufasa)

• And for Engine OS (Prime 4) I myself have the same wish, and I’m not shure, if a member already wrote a feature request.

Pls. feel free to search for the request and if available pls. link it

Thanks in advance for your endeavours.

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

In engine DJ, once I have them sorted by BPM and key, I then right-click and choose re-order tack number now I can hit play order and have it in the order I want on the players.

Dear team at Denon. We are on a second release of the Prime 4 with the + out now… why hasn´t this been a feature implemented already? The advantages of this feature is great as it automates the sorting function and will help many of us using your gear and hardware. Please make this on the next Engine DJ update list.