Internal SSD Drive issue

I’ve done al that now, Instaled the SSD on SATA bvay again, power on and no show… What could that be?

Did you erase the drive? Not just partition it?

EDIT: And have you used Engine Prime to copy stuff to it? In other words does the SSD have the Engine Folder on it?

To copy stuff into it using Engine Prime you must install on SATA bay and connect on Controller mode. But the SSD does not show on Mac to begin process. I erased it, using SSD external connection no my Mac.

HELP!

Sound like you’ve done everything correctly so I’m at a loss now, sorry!

Thank you very much Tobes! Denon guys, please help!

Try another internal drive in the Prime 4.

Do you have an old HD lying around. Just a regular hard drive.

Could be the SATA point on the Prime 4 acting up.

Pointing to the obvious just in case, set the P4 to controller mode?

Looks like he did all the right things, minus testing a different HD

1 Like

Yep, guess I missed that one

Yeah it’s such a shame if it is a faulty P4 out the box :frowning:

As long as it’s MBR erased, with an ExFAT partition, it should be golden. I know what a pain it can be getting it right formatting your SSD, as I have a Mac myself and did extensive testing between my Mac and even a PC as well just to be sure. If you format your SSD on a Mac then it will default to guid/gpt format and not MBR unless you specifically select it via Disk Utility (a hidden option via the View menu) even if you select ExFAT as your partition preference. I found out the hard way as it locked up my P4 and I thought I had a faulty DOA P4. As you may have guessed though, when I manually erased my SSD on my Mac and selected MBR, then selected an ExFat volume partition, all was well and it’s been 100% perfect ever since. To 100% prove the point I also formatted my SSD on a PC. Same deal. if it’s anything but a MBR erased SSD with an ExFAT partition, it fails. I hope that helps other P4 users facing the same frustrating issue.

2 Likes

Just tried to install another HDD on Sata bay and got no results, no show.

Well, dear Denon reps, time to get this guy hooked into the tech guys for repair …

Hi @renmachado, do you mind if I message you privately about your PRIME4?

Hi Nekoro, No I don’t mind at all. Please do.

Hi everybody,

just for the record, Denon imediatly called me for support and my Prime4 is on way back to them. I will get a new one quickly. Thanx DENON!

2 Likes

Thanks again @renmachado. Hey @DJ_Hitek, if a solution has been met for you, I’d like to close this topic.

Yes of course. Mine is running primo

1 Like