Improvement wish list

You can configure your hotcues to snap back by going into preferences and selecting momentary rather than trigger.

I’m asking for this change because it’s not possible with the Prime Go right now :smiley:

I think my post went into pretty good detail about that setting and why it’s not sufficient

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, it was a little confusing…no offence…but if you have it set to trigger, it keeps playing, if you have it set to momentary, it snaps back. That’s not what your looking for?

I explained why momentary doesn’t work for me, right? Because then i need to hold the hotcue button and press play to make it keep playing, when the track was stopped before. I regularly use hotcues to start the track while the channel is audible on the master, so i can’t have it playing beforehand.

But without momentary, i.e. trigger, it’s not possible to go to the hotcue position in paused/stopped state.

This would be possible if triggering hotcues would move the cue position to the hotcue position, because then i could hotcue (trigger mode) → cue button to go to the cue point and stop.

It’s a bit niche maybe, but i hope i could illustrate my issue. I’ve kinda taken this for granted on all other platforms/software, and when doing certain mixes i really need this behaviour to pull it off.

Sorry, trying to help here but still a little confused. If you go into the preference menu, there are 2 options, trigger and momentary. “Trigger” allows you to click the hotcue pad and it will trigger the cue point to automatically play without having to hold down the pad/clicking the play button. If you set it to “momentary” however, it will snap back and then as you mentioned, you would have to hold the cue pad and click play. The “trigger” option in the menu is to auto-play the hotcues on the fly without having to hold play, which is what I thought you wanted. If you click the pad again while in trigger mode, it will go back to the hotcue starting point but will continuet to play. (Is that the problem that it doesn’t stop when you click the hotcue pad again?) The “momentary” mode gives you the snap back to get a stutter effect if you are finger drumming a hotcue, so to speak.

I need the “trigger” mode so i don’t need to hold and press play when i use hotcues on a stopped deck. But with “trigger” mode it’s impossible to go to a hotcue without the deck starting to play.

If pressing a hotcue button also set the cue point to that hotcue position, i could use “trigger” mode and then press the cue button to basically get the best of both “trigger” and “momentary” modes :smiley:

Sounds like what i will like as well

Keep Trigger mode but be able to go to hotcue without triggering

I suggested in hotcue mode that the parameter buttons allow one to toggle and cycle through the hotcues available.

• PS

The Prime Go does not have a parameter button

1 Like

All that Denon needs to do is [to add a setting] to make hotcue buttons also set the cue point, that’s it.

So you suggesting tapping a HOTCUE but at the same time it also places a CUE aka Temp Cue at that location.

That appears to still be a two button procedure

Even if it sets a temp cue, the first press of the hotcue in trigger mode, the music will start playing, then pressing CUE to stop it at the position…

Thats also a good way to approach it…but optional

It’s how other systems and DJ software behave, and i think this is a very good approach. When you press CUE, you go back to the last cue point that you used… including hot cues :smiley:

1 Like

Hope you started a feature specific request for it

https://community.enginedj.com/c/smart-consoles/feature-requests/168

1 Like

Now I think I get what you are saying …sorry it wasn’t sinking in, I guess…lol. Yeah, I also believe tap to snap to the paused hotcue but then holding the pad down for 1-2 seconds to initialize “keep playing” could work, if I’m understanding correctly.

I know cue-hold from VirtualDJ as well as an option, but i really don’t like it. It has the same issue as “momentary” where you need to do an extra action (in this case remember to keep holding it for 2s) which i know i will forget in an important moment.

With the hotcue-sets-cue-point behaviour that i described, a DJ will never be caught off guard when dropping a track with a hotcue and then it doesn’t continue to play. It will always keep playing, unless you hit CUE, which is muscle memory, everyone knows how that works.

This is the mode Iw as on about above and posted after a few beers.

Yes, it’s the mode I’d like too. I think this is how Serato do it too (from memory).