- What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Improve the X1800’s sound by investigating the methods used on the X1700 SHARC DSP, such as the SRC methods used
- How will this feature help you and others?
X1700’s digital to digital sound quality seems superior and more musical compared to the X1800. The SRC methods used on the X1700 might be different than those on the X1800, or something else processing related. I suspect this might be easiest way to improve the X1800 sound by just looking to that older model.
- Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
- Does a workaround currently exist?
No. X1800 core audio processing stuff and can’t be improved with different added gear or a change in mode, though it seems that the X1800 sounds better at lower sample rates sometimes.
- How often would you use this feature?