Identify Current Firmware on mcx8000

How exactly do you know what the current firmware on a machine is? The closest info on the unit is Engine Version & MCU Version, yet neither of these state eg 2.1 or 2.5.

Cheers

Hello @eddy500 Welcome to the forum.

Please check user manual on Page 47. You will find there info on where in device utility the system info is:

To enter the Utility menu, press and hold View/Utility/Column for 2 seconds.

System Information ā€¢ Engine Information: This field shows the current version of the Engine operating system your MCX8000 is using. ā€¢ Display Version: This field shows the current version of display firmware your MCX8000 is using. 48 ā€¢ MCU Version: This field shows the current version of microcontroller unit (MCU) firmware your MCX8000 is using.

So if mine days ā€˜2074ā€™ what is that exactly? Would that be 2 or 2.1? Also isnā€™t 2.5 the latest?

Cheers

Can You provide a photo of that screen? Not sure what are You reading thenā€¦

Does this to relate to any of the firmware info too?

I think the version here is 2.074 actually. So 2.5 update should be valid.

Ok cheers. So the problem with the unit is still there. It wonā€™t update. Looks like Iā€™ll need to send it back. Still.

I would check with Denon Dj global support. Maybe they can help, or there is someone also on the forum that has more experience with MCX8000 updates.

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem.

This user had the latest firmware actually. Check the document: https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/denondj/MCX8000/MCX8000_Firmware_Release_2_5.pdf

I have MCU 2074.

Now using that info and ā€œEngine versionā€ find in the document I posted what is your corresponding firmware (2.0, 2.1 or 2.5)

My MCU version 2047 is not in attached pdf.

Does it matter? All you need to know is if you have the latest firmware. If you donā€™t, upgrade to the latest.

1 Like