How to setup a X1800 or X1850 Prime in OBS for Live Streaming

Audacity had the same privacy thing under Windows10 build 1803 two years ago.

However, many people said OBS still had the issue of only being able to select ch1/2.

1 Like

Just so you guys know you can now hook up your iOS devices and record the audio with the video.

It may not be a big deal but a lot of people would like to live stream from their phones.

1 Like

Nothing, it’s just a setting shortcut for less tech savy users not to screw something under advanced audio settings on the mixer.

1 Like

exact same thoughts… As a matter of fact, in Ableton, I can listen to any channel of the mixer. So I have SC5000 connected digital to the mixer, and in ableton if I pick any channel with ASIO driver I get the output too. So I have 5 "inputs in ableton each channel + master.

I am on a mac-but can and will try pc to see if there is any difference.

I didn’t know OBS could select 9/10 mine always looks only at 1/2. So what I was doing was using an RCA from master out back to channel 1 then doing my mix in channel 3 and 4 and using 1 as a master out. I will download this update as soon as I can and see if broadcast mode fixes this (I am expecting that it will work)

1 Like

On my 1800 I could not find any way to send master out over any USB channel besides 9/10. The 4 fader channels can all be reassigned but I could not find any setting for changing master out

I can add any “windows” Sound device to the OBS mixer. I have an x1850 - this one shows 5 output devices in windows (not the ASIO driver - alto that works in ableton in the same way for me). And so if I add these to the OBS mixer I can record all four decks and master in parallel if I wish.

Can it be a difference between the two hardware?

Hi Everybody, I followed the procedure and everything was working fine. It was also working in Audacity. I did a shutdown of my PC, my mixer and went out for one hour of sport. Restarted again everything and it is not working anymore. IN Audacity I have the error : “-9999 Unanticipated host error” … No way to get it working again. So I have connected another PC and installed the software. …Same problem… So it is not the PC. Reboot of the mixer and verified if broadcast is on. …grmmfff… it is not working. Any idea what this could be ?

Hi @PieterDV, Welkom op het forum!

See below for the solution to error -99999:

Hi mate

Ive tried all of the above with no success.

Latest X1800 fw and driver - check, Broadcast mode selected - check, Microphone on in privacy (Win 10) - check,

Audio input capture added - check, Line 9/10 selected - check, No meter activity on obs - still check,

I am one of those less tech savy folk referred to in here

Any idea what i might be missing. Please!!

Select the lines 1/2 not 9/10 when in Broadcast mode

Thanks Norse. Tried that. Nothing still. I wish it was in my nature to just forget about it

If anyone has any ideas on what I might try next id really appreciate it. I’ve spent hours over 2 days trying to resolve this issue now.

OBS is listing all the mixer channels. Ive tried choosing each of them by this stage. Could there be a sound setting on windows thats ive missed?

Thanks all

Is Microphone 1 and 2 captured in the streaming via broadcast mode?

@steverippin

Hi Mufasa, thankyou for tagging me in this post. I’ll give this a go and try setting up my microphone through OBS :grinning::+1:

1 Like

So is channels 1&2 broadcast. does that mean I can only use channels 3&4 for my dvs mixing?

As OBS sees only first 2 channels of the audio interface (mixer), You need to use channels 1/2 of the channel 1 to send the mix via usb to OBS. For DVS you will have Channels 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 - that are channels 2, 3, 4.

Hello there,

I am a bit confused.

I’m not sure what changed the last couple month, but I tried playing with 10 channel recording in audacity and recording in OBS, both via USB.

In OBS, for some reason, I can assign channel 9 / 10 to get a mix of all 4 channels without the need of the broadcasting mode.

To be fair, I had a lot of problems with boradcasting mode to get running with audacity or even obs. Without it, everything works as it should be.

That was always possible.

Broadcast mode is just a one button shortcut for less tech savy users.

1 Like