How to save and use?

Hi All

As far as I know there is no real manual, just video’s and q&a’s.

Can someone tel me what the differece is between:

Save Project

Export Project

Export to control one

and,

Save Lightshow

fyi: I have the Soundswitch one

next question: I tried to open the soundswitch files in engine but there is no dot at the autoscripted tracks. after a couple of times I see the dots but after a while there gone. What’s happening

for now it looks like a nice controller but a step by step manual would be handy.

1 Like

Agreed. In addition there are many items on the menus along the top of the software that need explanation.

Even the popup text that can be enabled, telling you the function of various icons, is incomplete.

Are you running it on PC? IMO the library view on the left side is much too narrow, cutting off a lot of the text in that column - and it can’t be resized.

On the Mac that was used in the demo videos, the library view appears wider. Why the discrepency? @Matthew.W

Running on a pc.

I bought the one because it looks great in the video’s. But working with it is a nightmare. So many thing are incomplete or not explaned.

exemple… I select 500 tracks for auto script… The caculation goes perfect. But after calc when I select a track there is no script.

I worked with al lot of dmx programs the last years but this is a real sucker. I just can’t figger out how to program. The program saves a lot of files but I have no idea what to do with it or how to use it.

another thing: after autoscripting, something is saved in the tag of the mp3 file. But I want want to know WHAT!!! There is no information to find

I also noticed that the synchronization of the SW project file with Engine Lighting does not work reliably.

For some tracks the dot is not displayed for some, although all tracks have an autoscript.

I have therefore set the function in Engine to “OFF”

The safest method is to manually copy the SW project to your medium after making changes to the script.

Unfortunately, this means that you have to copy the file back to the medium every time you make changes.

But so you can be 100% sure that it works.

If your SS icons have disappeared in SW on the desktop - simply click on “Rebuild Trackmap” in the options menu and they are back

If you analyze your MP3 file with MP3tag (after generating the script with SS), you will discover that a new TAG has been added that contains a long sequence of characters and numbers (ID TAG) and that it will be the same as the name of the generated script in the folder of SS.

1 Like

please reach out to support@soundswitch.com and we will help you.

This is mostly due to the difference in screen resolution between Mac and PC. PC hardware tends to have lower quality screens than MAC (hence MAC having a higher price range)

This all depends on your screen type size and resolution.

There are some settings you can change that will help to fix this.

Please email support@soundswitch.com and we will work with you remotely to fix these issues.

Maybe if you can write here the procedure to perform the resize to fit even lower resolution screens (1366x768) it would be nice. :smiley:

Well surely the software should be written to cope with different resolutions and operating systems.

Seems you’re a Mac guy :slight_smile: because PC hardware is NOT necessarily “lower quality”. There’s a much greater variety on the PC side because it’s not restricted to one manufacturer.

The screens on this (tower) PC and my laptop are both standard full HD resolution, so nothing unusual.

I’m surprised that the issue seems to have slipped past any beta testing that may have been done by PC users, or perhaps they’ve all got 4K screens :grin:

No thats not he case, I do use Mac but use 3rd party 2k screens.

Your screens should be fine.

Are you able to send a screenshot of SoundSwitch displayed on your screen?

I’m surprised that you’re asking for a screenshot, as it implies that you don’t know what your own software looks like on screens other than your own…

One screenshot coming up:

Wow… Thats an incredibly rude response. Being a part of this community means being respectful. Thats super unprofessional and totally out of line.

Asking for a screenshot implies nothing more than checking to see what SoundSwitch looks like on your specific setup.

Besides screenshots how else would we know what our software looks like on a specific screen? Its not possible to purchase every screen and test each one. We have a range of different screens and laptops, both Mac and Windows that we test on including low and high res hardware.

Many users have a lot of different screen configurations, scaling settings etc so its not possible to test every case.

From the screenshot I can see some odd scaling, the tracks seem taller than normal and the width of the library is definitely smaller than we’d expect.

Can you tell me the resolution of this screen, and if you have any non standard scaling settings?

1 Like

As per my previous reply 12 days ago: “The screens on this (tower) PC and my laptop are both standard full HD resolution”

In other words 1920 x 1080. No scaling at all. No issues with any other software.

Thanks for the info.

That should display without issue. Can you confirm this is a Monitor and not a TV style scene?

The tower PC has a total of three 1920 x 1080 screens connected to it. Two are computer monitors and one is a Samsung TV with a dedicated HDMI PC input. SoundSwitch looks as per screenshot on any of the screens.

Out of interest, I just tried running SS on my laptop (onboard 1920 x 1080 screen) with different results.The text in the library area is smaller and not cut off. Make of that what you will…

That test highlights the difference between hardware… Its not a rival issue to solve to be fair and comparing SoundSwitch to the scaling of other software isn’t really comparing apples with apples. Other software applications likely have dedicated frontend or UI design teams.

Its possible having the TV connected is causing scaling issues, iv seen this behaviour in the past but I’m not sure.

There is something we can try, Iv explained the steps below, but can also use TeamViewer which might be much faster.

If you’d like to setup a remote support session using Team Viewer, email support@soundswitch.com and we will get you sorted, alternatively follow the steps below:

Configuring a local app to run with enhanced system scaling

The simplest way to enable GDI Scaling for an application is use the application compatibility tab UI.

To do this, you can:

• Right click on the application icon and click “Properties.”
  • Go over to the Compatibility tab, enable “Override High DPI scaling behavior” and set the Scaling Behavior to “System (Enhanced).”
  • Restart the app and move it between your different displays to see if there is an improvement.

That makes no difference.

Could it be a font issue? Is SS using its own embedded font or looking for one on the system?

I don’t think this related to fonts.

Can you try this:

Disconnect the TV screen from the system.

Restart the computer.

Start SoundSwitch.

I’m here too to ask about stuff regarding sound switch. It seems as if they don’t realise they are a tech company and therefore need to act like one with their products providing (for one) a GUI that is intuitive where possible and documented where not. Even stuff as simple as cut + pasting is not far from obvious and has several ways that can trip you up. Navigation around a track is somewhat broken (for example you can’t two finger drag while the track is playing). Even grabbing the play head and intensity points is somewhat hit and miss and … omg the crashes !! Is it just me or does even the slightest click / drag of something result in the dreaded beach ball + app not responding.

I’ve emailed their support but they don’t even bother acknowledging / replying so thought I’d try and visit a more open forum.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the hardware is great and the concept could be amazing (and I want it to be) but there are some severe absences from making the product great.

And another thing… how is the script linked to the mp3 ? What happens if I move the mp3 to another directory, drive etc ?