As a former Rekordbox user, I purchased Rekordbuddy to convert my data to Serato so that I would be able to import that info into Engine Prime. It took a bit of trial and error working, but the solution ended up being pretty simple. There is one crucial step (step 5) that will ultimately be the cause of many of you having problems.
Also, for those of you who don’t use Serato (myself included) you can download a free trial and you will have access to offline mode, that let’s you setup the Library for this process to work.
- If using Rekordbuddy, follow the directions on their website to get everything set. Close Rekordbuddy.
- Open Serato, refresh the Library. Close Serato.
- Open Engine Prime>Settings. Disable Auto-Analysis.
- In Engine Prime, refresh iTunes Library then click on the Serato icon in Engine Prime, refresh Serato Library.
- This is the most important step. Do not drag the songs from Serato List to the Engine Collection. Instead, click on the Playlist icon and create a playlist , name it Music or All Tracks (or whatever you want).
- Click the Serato icon in Engine to bring up tracks. CTRL/CMD+A to select all. Now, drag the selection to the Playlist icon to reveal your “All Music” playlist created in the previous step and drop the songs in there.
What I found is that when dragging the tunes from the Serato list to Engine Prime from within the software caused the Hot Cues to not show up (at least for me) and the songs were analyzed by Prime. When I created an Engine Prime playlist and then dragged the music from the Serato List to my Engine Prime playlist, the Serato stuff was in tact. Whether this was intentional, bug or happy accident is beyond me. Regardless, hopefully this will help some of you out.
I found a few times that grids weren’t properly aligned. The fix was relatively easy by clicking on the “left” button (in the GUI found revealed under the Beatgrid options) to shift the grid to its appropriate starting position. The other downside is that user-defined loops from Rekordbox/Serato do not carry over. Hopefully RekordBuddy will be updated sooner than later to rectify this. I digress.