How to create Engine Prime Target

The manual is really frustrating with regard to setting up an external drive.

I hope I didn’t mess up by loading 63gb of music on the drive first.

As far as I can tell there’s no direct way to create an Engine Prime Target on the external drive.

I have no music on my computer any more. It’s all strored on the same external that I need to create the target for.

Can anybody help with this, please?

You dont put music on the drive yourself, you load it in to engine prime then export it to the drive from within Engine Prime

Well ehm my Engine Prime works directly from several external drives with their own databases. No sync needed that way.

okay, i did some time on hold with customer support.

the thing that was not obvious to me was that I needed to drag the file from my external to the ‘collection’ in engine prime on my computer. it’s still processing right now and i hope it’s not copying the files to my computer… that would negate everything i’ve been trying to do over here.

dragging and dropping the file on prime created the file on my external that I was not able to figure out how to do at first.

i think this should be added to the manual.

Have a look on the Denon DJ youtube channel im sure there are videos on how to do this and many other things :+1:

i house no music on my computer any more. …needed to lighten its load for the smoothest operation… and thus, all music has to be on the external first. that’s where the hiccup came in.

I dont have any music on my computer as well and don’t “pack” a drive

Same external hard drive that holds my library gets plugged into the SC5000 and it reads it.

Yes you do have to drag the music folder or serato to the collection tab BUT IT WONT make duplicates.

Its basically telling EP where to look for the files.

2 Likes

I hope you do have backup(s) of this drive. I’ve hear horror stories about people losing their music libraries and having to reformat their drives after a power cut without the protection of a UPS.

That’s why the SC5000’s have nice, beefy capacitors so there’s enough juice to safely cancel/complete any tasks writing to the database before complete shutdown.

2 Likes

That’s a worthwhile statement. Any number of things could happen to a drive: hard drives can sometimes start to show signs of being a few months away from a fail, SSD tend to simply work flawlessly until one night; click and they’re dead.

I have RAID backups at home a take 2 different drives out with me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.