How much % of your playback is with pitch on zero?

Ah OK. Could be for lots of reasons though. Not necessarily because he can’t mix.

Ease of syncing to light shows for example. Just tell the lighting guy it’s 128. :grinning:

No it just made it easier. For instance all pitch on +2%.

128 sounds about right.

Most of the big festival pulling DJs hit that 128 sweet spot.

The Dutch DJ I knew when I worked stunner season in Europe back in 2012 was a lifelong friend of his and out of the two, M.G was the one that “made it” with his Spinnin signing. He went on to make his money by doing stuff for other people.

Did you ever see how Armin Van Burren synced his light shows using time code and two extra CDJs that was linked with fader start and (I think) ShowControl?

It was really simple yet really effective. Basically two CDJs that triggered when the faders was started on the main playing tracks but they was the visuals.

Simple yet effective.

Yes, I remember seeing that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When I do weddings and similar functions, the dinner portion is usually simply fading between tracks or complete fade outs between each track… no mixing needed. I have yet to use a pitch other than zero for that stuff. But for the entertainment/dancing part of those events, it’s usually only the first track that starts at zero, and then it goes up and down throughout the event depending on what track I decide to play next. I like to mix between tracks, and unless the next track has the same BPM, I’m going to have to adjust the outgoing and/or incoming track so they match up. The only time I won’t do that, is when I do a cold cut, like a platter slowdown effect, a quick platter spin back, or a couple of quick scratch cuts before switching/cutting over to a new track (sometimes used when switching between genres, when going from fast to slow, or from slow to fast tracks). Oh, and I usually have the key lock turned on, just because it sounds better when mixing imo, and because I don’t want some people to know/realize that I have changed the speed of their “favorite track in the whole world” which would be sacrilegious for those peeps, and will let you know so by coming up to you to complain about it (come on, I know I’m not the only person to have dealt with that type of person). lol :headphones:

1 Like
    • 6% always like to check by ear rather than trusting bpm on display as can be a little out, luckily I learned using vinyl back in the day when bpm measuring by device was totally garbage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I start at 0 but try to keep in within +/-3% always bringing it up to 0 if in the negative.