How many units can be linked to one Tidal account?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how many prime units can be linked to 1 tidal hifi acc?

For example 2 dj’s on the road with the same tidal account playing on the same evening same set time possible?

I would like to hear the possibilities! Kind regards, Michael.

Is that a family account? A standard account is for a single user, so two DJs should not be using it.

Hi PK,

Thanks for the response so when it is a family account tidal is abble to being used on multiple prime devices at the same time?

Hallo @Michaelvangrootveld, welkom op het forum!

I think this is more a question for Tidal. Apart from the type of account used or licensing, will they accept multiple concurrent logons from the same account from different ip-addresses?

There’s no limit to how many devices can be used at once. However, you are breaking your agreement with Tidal by sharing the account and breaking the law, if you live in the US (Licensing Fraud).

1 Like

I have 2 x SC5000’s 1 x Prime Go and 1 x Prime 2 all on the same account but they are never used at the same time.

I have had issues in the past with 2 x SC5000’s if you open a lot of songs in quick succession you sometimes get an error and have to wait a few mins before trying again. Not had it for a while tho.

So I suspect tidal have some sort of limit on unique devices that can connect in a set period of time, you would have to ask them.

Im sure if they saw lots of connections from different devices in a different locations it would cause you a problem, if you are out gigging £10 or £20 a month is a small amount to pay per DJ so I would just pay up to avoid any issues.

Edit: How Many Devices Can I Use Simultaneously? – TIDAL

I suspect you may get away with it on a family account.

hmmmm… I asked me the same question cause i’m running tidal on my serato and the sc6000m. I was now more as one houre online by streaming and analyzing non stop and played the same track at the same time while beat juggling. there was no problem with it. no error and everything is fine. so I think it has to be compatible with more as one device. If you are connected with two players like 2xSc6000 not connected between, so you have to play with them and log in to tidal simultaneously.

any other experiences?

One user can use it on as many devices as he sees fit… BUT only one device can connect legally at any one time. You cant run two devices at same time

so but why can I? Yesterday 4h DJ Gig and I was connected with Tidal on Serato DJ Pro and my SC6000M and I played with both.

It could be based on network/IP. I’d think that tidal can tell the difference between several prime devices streaming tidal on one venues wifi, and logins to the same account streaming on a different venue wifi a few miles away simultaneously.

1 Like

Yes that could be the reason and sounds very plausible.:ok_hand:

Agreed…yes it would be on ip address log in same as say netflix

There is some sort of limit, I found if using 2 x SC5000/6000’s and you load too many tracks too quickly it throws an error and you have to wait a min or two, although I havnt done/had that happen for a while

Its limits definitely seem “fuzzy” in my experience, but I’ve definitely been mid-DJ-set and hit an error because I also opened Tidal on my phone to poke around in a playlist, which I guess threw up a red flag.

1 Like