How do I know that my collection has migrate

When you collectively say the phrase “Migrate your library”, after I updated my Prime 4 to 2.0.0. and updated my Engine on my laptop (using Windows 10) to Engine DJ at no time did I get a Icon stating or asking to Migrate Library (about 18K tunes), so the question is have I or have I not migrated my library and how would I know….

You know this in two ways:

1. Engine DJ 2.0 will see your tracks, your crates will be converted into Playlists and you can use Engine Dj to do your job, all within the aforementioned software.

2. If you open your directory where the Engine database is located (Engine Library) you will see a new directory called “Database2”.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes - mine has migrated then,……

Let us know if you’ve had any problems, if your tracks are all right, if you like it. At least on the forum there will be someone who writes something positive instead of just criticism for the new version. :smiley:

DjAj, hi I like the new software / OS, I’ve used it 3 times now out on parties/events with no problems at all, nice and stable and I trust it, the only problem I have is I cannot for the life of me transfer from iTunes into my playlists and that why I was checking for migratation etc. Denon did a fantastic tutorial 2 years ago (or whenever) which was a great help when I first had a Prime 4 and it was all new to us, I dearly wish they could do another on how to use using Engine DJ (cheap version is fine) and that would put all my problems to bed. I have co-incidentally been using Prime 4 / Engine Prime since the very beginning of it, so it’s not entirely new to me. Thanks for your great work Denon…….

You could start by reading the user manual you find online. Then consider that Engine DJ does few things compared to competing software but does few things in a simple way. You will see that by reading the user manual and then asking for help on the forum for the functions that are not clear to you, then you will achieve your goal.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.