Highlight or show duplicated tracks

I don’t know if it was here, but reeded a lot of that request on facebook. If I make a double of this request, please delete it and direct me to the original topic.

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Highlight or show duplicated tracks in an additional window with option to show the drive that these songs are on.

• How will this feature help you and others? Better organization of the music library in Engine Prime

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes, on Rekordbox, and other music management and Dj software

• Does a workaround currently exist? Yes, but not directly in Engine prime. It is possible to search for duplicates in other software, and then use EP to manage (but it is not a perfect solution).

• How often would you use this feature? Always when using Engine prime to prepare tracks

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? The idea is very simple:

1. Click a button - search for doubles
  • user can choose the search criteria (length, name, artist, etc)
  • press “Go”
  1. Software checks the library for the same tracks (by name, artist, time etc)
  2. Software displays matching doubles on an extra window showing also the drive that the songs are located and gives the option to delete/move/rename tracks that are listed.
  3. Close doubles view window, continue to work in EP as usual.
7 Likes

Yes, that’s definitely needed especially when working with multiple source libraries like Serato, iTunes, Recordbox etc. At least something like the iTunes function - ‘show duplicate items’ should be enabled.

With hard drives being spacious and cheap, duplicates are less of an issue than ever in terms of storage

Where it does affect us DJs is when we have the same (?) track twice in our search results, one with all our cues and loops and stuff saved on it, and the other track with none of those things on it. Sometimes we load the wrong one and wonder where all our cues went.

If a de-dupe option based on track length was offered, by any program, it should offer an option where there was a selectable tollerance of track times was in place so that a track of 3 mins and 50 seconds with the same title and artist as a track of 3 mins and 45 seconds were treated as a duplicate, as often the difference is only a few seconds of silence

1 Like

There are very lots of duplication remover program already. Some to are free or some they are charged for. But they none will update the engine Prime library data base so I agree to the idea of a duplication remover inside engine Prime.

Engine Prime data should to be encrypting itself to stop programs not from Denon dj to change or break or wreck of the data