I don’t know if it was here, but reeded a lot of that request on facebook. If I make a double of this request, please delete it and direct me to the original topic.
What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Highlight or show duplicated tracks in an additional window with option to show the drive that these songs are on.
How will this feature help you and others? Better organization of the music library in Engine Prime
Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes, on Rekordbox, and other music management and Dj software
Does a workaround currently exist? Yes, but not directly in Engine prime. It is possible to search for duplicates in other software, and then use EP to manage (but it is not a perfect solution).
How often would you use this feature? Always when using Engine prime to prepare tracks
Is there any additional information you’d like to add? The idea is very simple:
- Click a button - search for doubles
- user can choose the search criteria (length, name, artist, etc)
- press “Go”
- Software checks the library for the same tracks (by name, artist, time etc)
- Software displays matching doubles on an extra window showing also the drive that the songs are located and gives the option to delete/move/rename tracks that are listed.
- Close doubles view window, continue to work in EP as usual.