HELP Please Denon MC6000mk2 - Traktor

Hi All

I need some help urgently. I have just received a new Denon MC6000mk2 which I need for a gig tomorrow. I have loaded the Traktor mapping from Denon, and the 6000 will now control Traktor. However I have one major problem.

Traktor Settings:- External Mixer 2 Deck Set-up Denon Asio loaded and selected in Traktor Deck A output - Denon Ch 1&2 Deck B output - Denon Ch 3&4

PROBLEM Deck A - Plays straight through to master (no channel control) Deck B - Denon shows signal input in channel 2 (LEDs respond to deck being played/stopped), but will not play through to master. I have checked this is NOT a XFade issue.

Traktor should be set to Internal mixing mode. Denon ASIO 1&2 ch is usually master output and 3&4 is monitor/cue.

You may be better not doing a gig with equipment you are not familiar.

1 Like

“You may be better not doing a gig with equipment you are not familiar.”

I absolutely agree, however I have had two Denon DX-X500’s fail in the last two weeks. Denon on longer make anything similar to these mixers, so I am forced to try something else. The MC6000 (if it worked) was my best option. I HATE trying to get something new up and working in a couple of days, but I have 4 events this weekend and five fail Denon mixers (DN-X900, X800 3-X500’s)!!!

Thanks, I had someone on the Traktor forum direct me to that page

I did try using “Internal Mixer” as a setting, and the channel 1 and 2 faders worked correctly. However, once I selected the outputs for “Main” (Loud Speaker 1 and 2) I was unable to select anything for the Cue Outputs. So, while the channel faders worked there was no cue feature available.

It was much earlier that I tried that set-up, so I will test it again, but I believe my comments above are correct.

Thanks again I really appreciate any input.

Derek

I don’t like doing blind troubleshooting. Post screenshots of traktor settings in big enough resolutions and we will try to help you. Sounds like you don’t have the proper asio driver installed that would enable multichannel playback. Probably 64bit traktor application and 32bit asio driver

Thanks and I understand, it’s almost impossible to trouble shoot with very little infor.

Denon support call yesterday and were very helpful. I had a gig so I did not have time to set up the MC6000 for testing. I have scheduled a call on Monday. If we can’t solve it, I will post some screen shots here, but I am quite hopeful.

I did use the MC6000 yesterday (and will again today). I only used the 4 line inputs (Emulator on 3, back-up CD on 4 and Traktor, via an Audio DJ 2 soundcard on 1 & 2). Worked perfectly. I do like the controller and hope we can sort it

Derek

The x500 that you’re replacing was a real mixer rather than just a midi controller etc so it would have had something else plugged into it, like a CD player or two or other music source such as a laptop - why not plug those music sources into the mc6000 as that’s a proper mixer too and not worry about traktor with this gig coming up so soon.

Did you also ask on the native instruments forum ?

Thanks for the input. Yes that is exactly what I am doing for the weekend.

I am using the 4 line inputs (Emulator on 3, back-up CD on 4 and Traktor, via an Audio DJ 2 soundcard on 1 & 2). The MC6000 worked perfectly. I do like the controller and hope we can sort it, because it would be great to have 6 inputs. (The x500 had 8 inputs, but 6 will work).

It’s a nice work horse. And a gem for mobile DJs. I had the original one which then came with Traktor and the controller wizard in Traktor set everything up correctly, so never had any problems in that regard.