HELP: Firmware Update (Display MCU Missing)

Quick question, why Serato, Ableton and so on already have a version for Catalina? Wasn’t a problem for them too? I’m just saying…

I think at this point, if you are unable to use your controller with your computer running Catalina, you should back up your hard drive and revert back to an older operating system @catalaskay. We are always working on updating and improving our products (both hardware and software).

Why do people screw with perfectly running systems? I truly for the life of me can’t understand it. I’m running my 8000 with a MacBook Pro running Yosemite, that’s right Yosemite! Why would I do such a crazy thing you might ask. The answer is simple…it works flawlessly night after night after night! Why in gods name would I mess with that. Granted, this MacBook is dedicated to one purpose, djing, nothing else. No web no email nothing. Every laptop DJ should have a dedicated machine for nothing else, and when you find a software combo that works for you leave it be! You will avoid countless headaches. There are no new features in newer software that tempt me enough to screw with a tried and true combo.

@Crazeed well unlucky for me I cannot afford one Mac for every single thing that can be done using a computer so I just have a Mac for everything. It updated itself and for me it’s easier to wait for the official update, I’m only asking if there will be an update and as I saw Denon is working so I’m quite happy about it, I just wanted answers, because I’m tired of waiting. And anyway updating might be a problem at the beginning but after it’s always better and this is what life teaches, but this is just my opinion

1 Like

You could ask people that you know for some donations and loose change - just my 2 cents :moneybag:

If you’re using a laptop for DJing , my thoughts are that if you’re charging people money for your services then the professional thing to do is to have a laptop dedicated exclusively to the sole task of running your essential DJ software. If you’re not charging people for your DJing then sure, go ahead and DJ from the Fortnite / home accounts / internet browsing / soreadsheet / social media laptop

2 Likes

I understand, budget constraints don’t always allow immediate purchase of a dedicated machine. In the meantime, might I suggest that once you’ve got your machine in a reliable state, turn off auto update on all your software. If an update comes along that you simply must have then wait until a downtime in your DJ schedule to install it. That way you give yourself time to test before going live.

2 Likes

Thanks @Crazeed xoxo

1 Like

Hello everyone, yesterday I have the problem. The left display shows it and the screens stop responding. I also tried to install a firmware, unfortunately without success. I still have a guarantee. Does Denon support do that ?. Or does anyone have an other idea?

Thank you very much

Hey there, have you been able to solve this problem? I am having the same problem and i have tried to update the mcx8000 like a million times and it gives me same error. Please let me know

Please help me! I dont know what to do to my MCX8000 i have downloaded the firmware on my mac and on my windows and when i tried to update the machine, it keeps giving me same error and it says Download error: Incomplete. Timeout. Please help.