Hardware issue detected

Hey guys my unit is giving me an error (Hardware issue detected. SC Cards may not work properly. Touch to continue) Anyone faced the same problem before?

Did you mean SD cards?

When you power an SC5000 on, it does lots of great tests to check if everything is fine. Very very very occasionally it starts the SD card slot test while another test is still finishing off. It doesn’t mean that the SD card slot doesn’t work, or has any problems etc, it’s just the tests running as quickly as possible on startup.

If you switched the unit on again in a few seconds, I doubt you’d see the message again.

1 Like

Yes it says SD card issue… I tried restarting the unit and the same message appears again but when i touch the screen it continues and goes back to normal. My other unit didnt detect any issues thats why im concerned about this. I have a picture of it but since im a new user i cant post pics

i have the same issue with one of my units i ended up being put on to the denon techs in the US and they gave me the same answer as DJ_Boothe I am having the unit replaced as the unit has developed other problems like ghosting on the screen, network drop outs between the two players and random restarts

Good luck

1 Like

I haven’t experienced any problems except the SD cards hardware issue. It is not effecting on the performance of the player and everything seems to work perfectly but it’s annoying to have any issue since the unit is still brand new and used for a couple of days in my own studio and the message appears every time i switch on the power of the player and then it sayd touch to continue. I hope Denon DJ solves this issue or otherwise ill have to ask for a replacement and unfortunately where i live in, there are no Denon DJ dealers and i had to bring them to Kuwait from a retail store in Belgium.

Hi Subtronic - please let us know when you get your replacement unit and how everything is after that? Thanks

Hi DJ-X - we’re looking into how we might assist you considering your place of purchase and home location situation. Please stand-by…

1 Like

Hi Paul, Thanks a lot it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with that as I’m desperate to have a solution for this issue. Waiting for your reply

Hi Paul, Thanks a lot it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with that as I’m desperate to have a solution for this issue. Waiting for your reply

Will do Paul any idea on when there might be an upgrade for engine prime in regards to not being able to see portable hard drives when using a pc and the sc5000’s being able to handle more than 10000 songs via network

Obviously i am a mobile DJ that has been spoilt lately with having my entire collection available at my finger tips

1 Like

Hi Paul Just letting you know I now have my replacement unit and it is working perfectly

Thanks for letting me know - good to hear

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.