Goodbye Traktor + S4 Mk3... hello Prime 4!

Dude… mate… chill! :slight_smile: We get it, it worked brilliantly for you, and I’m very happy about that for you. Traktor hasn’t been as good for some other members here, myself included, but the bottom line is no DJ software beat detecting algorithm is by any means perfect and all of them could see some improvement, more some than others y’know? Anyway, I’ve still got to wait for my Prime 4 to arrive as they are delayed but that’s another story, heh!

1 Like

Nope. As Traktor is based on sync all, it works fine within Traktor. All is slightly off-grid anyway. You won’t notice. If you sync, however, other stuff/devices/Maschine it generally fails. You need to use the metronome to make the grid more accurate.

I was fed up with sync and wanted pitch back so moved to Prime. Only reason for me EP needs better gridding, is to eventually sync Prime bpm to my TR-8S…

Happy mixing!! :sunglasses:

that statement is so ridiculous i dont know where to begin

1 Like

Serato is meant to be the best at bpm analysis according to Phil Morse from Digital DJ Tips. I am a long term 10 year Traktor user and not got the new TP3 yet but the bpm analysis is spot on for new tracks, sometimes very rarely there was a kind of issue where I would have to unsync and adjust the phase alignment. Love sync so quick its instant! The new TP3 has elastique software for that now. Phil reckoned in his review that TP3 had a similar sound quality to P4 at 100% pitch adjustment but in my Traktor about TP.2.11 quite recent the sound quality drops if it is 10%. I have heard that Engine even with modern music has had some seriously wrong bpm results and that they are working on it. Maybe that is where there is a delay? But sc5000m seem ok to tour with for Laidback Luke.

I realise on the P4 that playlist and database functionality won’t be as good as iTunes. But better than Traktor. I only use iTunes for that so would be good to do more on the fly with my P4. The P4 has so much at your fingers real time tactile control and love the powerful top Sound quality for pitch adjust and key match is awesome. Still I am familiar with Traktor and has never crashed with me I use a mac so could be why. I don’t like the non HID functionality of 3rd party mixers. But ok generally. It is so small with a the mixtour mixer by reloop, same size as an x1 or z1 but can do so much.

Anyway now going to get the ssd and load up the tracks and use Engine. Have fun mixing!

tar the whole world with the same brush why dont you, laptop and user/skill error are the crux of any dj performance software.

I disagree. You could have a solid laptop and the best user and skills knowledge in the world, but if the software contains bugs and crashes during performances, how is that the user’s fault?

Whilst I’ve heard so many things about Traktor from regular users, I haven’t come across any one describing it as unstable.

3 guys in my circle that use it regularly as their main Software.

1 Like

@kradcliffe

Here is a 2 hour set by the legendary Carl Cox using Traktor!! CLICK HERE

What is ridiculous is that you believe Traktor is unreliable because 2 guys you know had a bad experience using it.

1 Like

This is simply “what’s the worst or best brand of car?” Question but for DJs

Ask 99 people, you’ll get 33 saying A, 33 saying B and 33 saying C

As soon as a laptop is added into the ingredients of how something works, the blame of a crash has to shift away, by a certain percentage, from the software programs themselves.

What that certain percentage is, will vary from laptop to laptop

I used Traktor hundreds of gigs with no crashes. Just get a decent laptop and you’re good to go.

1 Like

There is, at the end of the day, very little use of comparing anything other than features. What works for one, doesn’t work for another. And you want to use the tool that most closely matches your desired workflow.

I don’t believe in best software, I do believe in making the best of the software you have chosen.

Unless there is a serious bug, in which case - in this digital age - you will know about it very quickly from the barrage of messages, if things go wrong it can be anything from hardware/software combination relation to user error/ignorance. And all options in between.

I have tried Traktor 2 Pro when it came with my MC6000 mk1, after a year decided it just didn’t fit my mobile DJ workflow and switched to Mixvibes Cross. I would have liked to move to Serato, but at the time it was a closed eco-system with only a handful of supported controllers. All that has changed, Traktor now being the most closed imho. Pioneer is starting to put out more RB-only stuff as well.

It looks like Denon is leaning a tad more towards “any DJ should be able to use our gear, regardless of preferred software used”. Which makes sense if you ask me.